Strange Noise like sticks hitting side of car or under it in a cross wind?

CX-5-2013

:
Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
We had some 25 to 35 winds in PA. I was going down a road for 10 miles and their was a sound that sounded like sticks hitting the side of the car against the wind.
There were only leaves blowing across the road. Any one else had this happen?

Sounds like you're talking about windscreen noise that many have reported in strong winds. Mine sounds like rain or small debris hitting the right side of the windshield when driving into a cross wind. Not very loud, but annoying.

Any chance it was icicles that had formed on the fender arches, mirrors and/or wheel wells breaking loose? Happened to me today. I wouldn't have had a clue what the noise was but caught a glimpse of the pieces of ice bouncing along behind the car. If the car behind me hadn't had its lights on during the day, I don't think I'd have seen them.

I'd check the belly pan and inspection covers for loose fasteners. If they are loose, the wind could be grabbing them and making them flap.

I am sure It is not "ICE" but the sounds like small debree hitting the body.
Windscreen noise that many have reported in strong winds.
Are you referring to the "Windshield" or another part.

I have the same thing here on my '14 GT. Looks like someone trows me rocks or hitting something. Always on the passenger side, rear Wheel.

I have the same thing here on my '14 GT. Looks like someone trows me rocks or hitting something. Always on the passenger side, rear Wheel.

Could that be road debris being picked up by the tires and hitting the inside of the wheel well? Some parts of our car are pretty thin. When an acorn drops on my car roof it can sound like an explosion!

I had the same noise in my 2014 CX5. Lift the hood and look at the windshield washer hose on the right hand side where it comes through from the fender. Mine was flapping loose, so I put a zip tie on it (see picture). This corrected the problem.

Attachments

• Washer hose.JPG
    Washer hose.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 91
Back