205 65 15 snow tires - do they fit?

esgarbanzo

:
mazda p5 2003
Hi guys,
I just picked up a lightly used set of Michelin Ice-x studless snow tires in 205 65 r15 with steel rims. I thought the size would work after some quick google searches, but now I'm concerned because nobody seems to be running them on the forum. I was going to have them swapped on tomorrow and may need new rims if the included ones don't have adequate offset.

Is anyone successfully running this size snow tire? Has anyone tried?

Thanks!

I have 195/65/15 on mine, lowered with eibach springs. I have rubbing issues only once in a while in the rear with a full load going over a good size bump.

My default answer is No. I have 195/65/15 all weathers, and the clearance between the tread and the strut tower bottom is like 3/16". Sizes do vary a bit from spec, plus any wear helps. You might get one mounted, not even balanced, try it front and rear before doing them all. Also, wrap a string or tape measure around the one with the most tread and see how it compares to theoretical for the size.
It's gonna be a tight fit, and I worry some about any snow on the tread building up on the towers.

Back