Roof Rack Questions

cbailen

:
2002 Protg5
Hi I just picked up a '02 P5 which has the stock roof rack. I am looking at putting an aftermarket rack on it by just removing the stock cross bars and adding rail filler caps afterwards. I guess my question is what type of setup would I need that will work by just adding feet and cross bars that connect to the stock rails. Any help is very much appreciated.

Personally I like the look of say Thule or Yakima crossbars and think that they may be a little bit more functional. I don't know, I guess I am looking for something more aesthetically appealing while maybe adding more functionality. In addition how would a fairing work with the stock rails?

I don't know, I am just brainstorming. I'm open to any suggestions on setups and example photos.

Use the OEM rails and go to Thule for other accys that bolt up.

To take off a perfectly functional and well designed rack to put on a temp one for lesser cars designed without is.... baffling to me. [shrug]

If you want some idea of how a yakima rack looks on our car I can post a picture tomorrow. I am running full Yakima setup with fairing and 2 highroller bike attachments.Go to site below and it will tell you all the product codes you need when you want to order it! great site. Personally, I am a Yakima supporter but Thule is good quality as well.
http://www.yakima.com/fit/Information

so im new to this forum. i just bought a p5 and i love it. but i live in utah so i could really use a rack to cary my ish to the mnts. if youre interested in selling ur old rack get back at me

here you go!

take a look!

Attachments

• IMAG0276.jpg
    IMAG0276.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 143
  • IMAG0277.jpg
    IMAG0277.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 130
Back