Light Bulb Change

JohnboyM2

:
Mazda 2 Sport
Hi, I'm a 'newbie' to the group so apologies if this has been addressed already. One of my headlamp bulbs is out and as well, my very small, mounted at the outer edge of the headlamp housing, and seemingly impossible to reach, running lights. I had expected to quickly swap them out but it looks l need to take the whole housings out ( One dud is on the nearside and the other the offside )
Before I start to pull my beloved M2 Sport to bids I'd be grateful for any advice.
My car is a 2009 model.
Many thanks in advance for any help/guidence...

The manual says take the bumper off to remove the headlights.... you can change the headlight from the engine bay, but the side light can be got at from the wheel arch, un do the plastic inner wing / wheel arch & hold it back to allow you to get your hand up the back of the headlight....

Shaun.....

As far as I can tell, on our US spec Mazda2, we can reach the low beam/high beam bulb and in-board blinker bulb from the engine bay, but to access that outboard running light you have to unscrew the splash guard like Cosh said. I'm guessing it is the same for you.

You will need to turn the wheel full lock towards the opposite side of the car from whichever headlight you are working on in order to get a screwdriver and/wrench in there to remove the necessary hardware to peel back the splash guard. I can't believe they are able to do this type of thing with a production car. For me, such a requirement to change something as commonplace as a bulb would be completely unacceptable from a design standpoint. But, here we are! Let us know if that works for you.

Thanks Guys...appreciate your help here...got the low/high ok and will tackle the outboard running light at the week-end when I've a bit of time...What a carry on to have to change a bulb :)

Back