Bluetooth Button Not Working

vikefan7

I have a 2008 CX-9 GT and my bluetooth button has stopped working on my car. Push the button, nothing happens, my phone is also not pairing with the system. I've seen a couple reports of this same symptom after searching, but am wondering if there are any steps I can take to fix this or if it's just a dealer trip.

Anyone who has had this issue? Was it covered under extended warranty? What part did you have to replace?

Thanks,
Josh

Happened to me once, Rebooting the phone worked.
In the owner's manual there is a specific number to call for bluetooth issues, I called them and found them helpful. Seems like the call is free.

I'm with Ceric. It's like when your IT dept asks if you rebooted your computer. Sounds stupid, but fixes the problem more often then you would think.

I have this same issue!!

I have a 2008 CX-9 GT and my bluetooth button has stopped working on my car. Push the button, nothing happens, my phone is also not pairing with the system. I've seen a couple reports of this same symptom after searching, but am wondering if there are any steps I can take to fix this or if it's just a dealer trip.

Anyone who has had this issue? Was it covered under extended warranty? What part did you have to replace?

Thanks,
Josh

I am having the same issue. I just bought a used 2008 CX-9 yesterday from a private party. It doesn't beep at all when I press the button, nothing. It doesn't mute the radio or anything. I am freaking out that this is going to be a huge fix at the dealer. I called the 1800# and they told me after 5 minutes of troubleshooting that I need to bring it to the dealership. The techs at the number had no idea why it isn't working. I just called the dealer and they said it will be $150 diagnosis plus additional to fix. Yikes!

Did you ever find a fix? I am crossing my fingers you did.

Also when I hit the voice button for the nav it just says funny things. I will try to give it a command and it will say "Navigation winery" or "Navigation gas station". I am so confused.

Any help would be terrific! Thanks very much in advance!

I am having the same issue. I just bought a used 2008 CX-9 yesterday from a private party. It doesn't beep at all when I press the button, nothing. It doesn't mute the radio or anything. I am freaking out that this is going to be a huge fix at the dealer. I called the 1800# and they told me after 5 minutes of troubleshooting that I need to bring it to the dealership. The techs at the number had no idea why it isn't working. I just called the dealer and they said it will be $150 diagnosis plus additional to fix. Yikes!

Also when I hit the voice button for the nav it just says funny things. I will try to give it a command and it will say "Navigation winery" or "Navigation gas station". I am so confused.

I'm having the same problem. It once worked, called the number, tried the resets. Diagnostic screen says it's OK... I have the workshop manual. I'll keep searching. Did you try the Handsfree Diagnostic mode? I did, no errors...

Also, I heard if you have aftermarket electronics, it can effect it. I have an aftermarket DVD player, this could be an issue.(uhm)

Anyone?

I know this is old....but I have the same problem. Press the phone button on my 2008 Grand Touring and nothing happens, no beep no mute, nothing. I really don't want to buy an aftermarket radio, I don't want to get into replacing camera etc.

I know this is old....but I have the same problem. Press the phone button on my 2008 Grand Touring and nothing happens, no beep no mute, nothing. I really don't want to buy an aftermarket radio, I don't want to get into replacing camera etc.

I don't know if this will work for you but worth a try, nothing to lose....

try finding the audio fuse and do a hard reset

see link below, it worked for me when my NAV button wasn't working,

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123854045-How-to-fix-a-non-responding-NAV-button-%28instructions%29

Last edited:
Thanks

I don't know if this will work for you but worth a try, nothing to lose....

try finding the audio fuse and do a hard reset

see link below, it worked for me when my NAV button wasn't working,

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123854045-How-to-fix-a-non-responding-NAV-button-%28instructions%29

Thanks for reply I took it a step further and unplugged the battery AND pulled the fuses...I took the head unit out to see if maybe the harness going from the Bluetooth unit to the head unit was unplugged but everything was snug except there was one place for a harness that was empty.

Does anime one know where the Bluetooth unit plugs in and doesn anyone have a diagram of the back of the unit? I'd like to know what all of it is.

Thanks

Hey guys. 2008 GT. Bluetooth stopped working so no hands free phone. I've reset unit (pulled fuse), disconnected battery, pulled the codes off the radio, there were none. Ran the self test for the head unit, all is well. Removed the and checked the activation button on the steering wheel. Nothing. Removed the bluetooth unit and checked the connector. Nothing. I'm down to replacing the bluetooth unit ($700) or just trash the entire system and go aftermarket. Would like some feedback as to what is out there. What works and what is junk. I want to keep the Bose, it's fine for me. I'm more interested in the hands free. Tickets are getting expensive when caught with a phone in your ear.
Thanks

I know this is an old thread, but I recently started having the same problem with my 2007 CX-9. Pressing the phone button on the steering wheel does nothing. I have tried the following.

1. Disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and then reconnecting.
2. Disconnecting the battery, turning on the headlights, and pressing the brake pedal for a minute.
3. Removing the 10A audio fuse behind the glove box and putting it back in. Fuse looks good.

I am thinking that the bluetooth module on the head unit bit the dust. Thoughts?

If you were to replace that old stock unit, what would you replace it with? I have a Sat Nav unit in my 2007 GT.

Back