Issue with 2013 Mazda 3

Hey all! I'm having some issues with my car:

I was just driving home in my Mazda today when suddenly the Check Engine Light, AT Light, and Traction Control Light all came on at once.

Additionally, it seems as if the engine was lacking power/not shifting gears at all (it required a constant 2000 RPM to maintain approx. 15 MPH speed) so I don't think I could even drive it to the dealership right now as it's around 40 minutes away by highway.

I also remembered that I tried to change the car into manual mode. Normally, numbers would show up in place of the "D" indicating which gear I'm in but this time it was merely blank. Hopefully this will give you some clues on what possibly might be wrong with my vehicle.

It's at the dealership at the moment and they said that the fix is just a small part. However, my parents are worried because this was quite a dramatic result for a "small issue". Has anyone had this before? Using the search bar, I saw something about a defect with a part in the transmission?

My parents are considering trying to replace this one with a different car because this car is brand new, bought in July with less than 1.5k miles on. Do you guys think it's worth it?

Thanks so much!

Hey all! I'm having some issues with my car:

I was just driving home in my Mazda today when suddenly the Check Engine Light, AT Light, and Traction Control Light all came on at once.

Additionally, it seems as if the engine was lacking power/not shifting gears at all (it required a constant 2000 RPM to maintain approx. 15 MPH speed) so I don't think I could even drive it to the dealership right now as it's around 40 minutes away by highway.

I also remembered that I tried to change the car into manual mode. Normally, numbers would show up in place of the "D" indicating which gear I'm in but this time it was merely blank. Hopefully this will give you some clues on what possibly might be wrong with my vehicle.

It's at the dealership at the moment and they said that the fix is just a small part. However, my parents are worried because this was quite a dramatic result for a "small issue". Has anyone had this before? Using the search bar, I saw something about a defect with a part in the transmission?

My parents are considering trying to replace this one with a different car because this car is brand new, bought in July with less than 1.5k miles on. Do you guys think it's worth it?

Thanks so much!

When it comes to auto transmissions, a small part can have a profound impact. If it's that new, it should be under warranty. Let the dealership handle it and rock on.

Back