New Product Release: Mazda SKYACTIV Panel Filter

JBR

Authorized Vendor
:
09' & 2011 MazdaSpeed3
JBR is proud to be the very first to offer an OEM replacement Dry Flow drop in panel filter for the Mazda 3 SKYACTIV Engines. We have been working with K&N Engineering for the last 7 months developing this filter and it's ONLY available from JBR. This filter flows 200% more air than disposable filters and requires NO oiling. Increased horsepower, torque and fuel economy all from simply replacing the air filter! This filter is washable too making it the LAST FILTER YOU WILL EVER BUY!!

panelfilter_04.JPG

Not only is this filter only available from JBR but, we are the ONLY company to have them with an all black filter media. It may be enclosed in the air box but we felt it would still be cool to know there is one bad ass stealth looking filter in there.

panelfilter_01.JPG

panelfilter_02.JPG

panelfilter_03.JPG

Pre-Order yours now!! Ships in about 3-4 weeks.

JBR SKYACTIVE Dry Flow OEM Panel Filter PRE-ORDER [SKY-PNL-FLT] - $50.00 : James Barone Racing, Custom Fabrication

JBR Dry Flow Panel Filter fits the following:
2014 MAZDA CX-5 2.5L L4 F/I All
2014 MAZDA CX-5 2.0L L4 F/I All
2014 MAZDA 6 2.5L L4 F/I All
2014 MAZDA 3 2.5L L4 F/I All
2014 MAZDA 3 2.0L L4 F/I All
2013 MAZDA 6 2.0L L4 F/I All
2013 MAZDA 3 SKYACTIV 2.0L L4 F/I All
2012 MAZDA 3 SKYACTIV 2.0L L4 F/I - All

Last edited:
All pre-orders are in and will be shipping tomorrow. Sorry for the extended delay.

The filters are currently in stock now and ready to ship.

Thanks,
Jamie

I just bought this. I am happy with my corksport SRI but it is getting hot here in Texas and I'm not about to build a box to convert an sri into a cai when I can use the already well insulated stock box with a higher flow & slightly louder (I want the noise) filter. Plus my motor is getting tuned and I want heat down.

I just bought this. I am happy with my corksport SRI but it is getting hot here in Texas and I'm not about to build a box to convert an sri into a cai when I can use the already well insulated stock box with a higher flow & slightly louder (I want the noise) filter. Plus my motor is getting tuned and I want heat down.

By who and where are you having your tuning done?

Does anyone know if these change the sound of the stock engine/exhaust? I would like a one-time filter but don't want a modified engine sound.

I'd also be interested to know if this affects MPG at all. If it is more HP, I would think MPG would be slightly better. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know if these change the sound of the stock engine/exhaust? I would like a one-time filter but don't want a modified engine sound.

I'd also be interested to know if this affects MPG at all. If it is more HP, I would think MPG would be slightly better. Thanks in advance.

From my personal experience; it was a lot more quiet than my SRI. The engine was way more subdued in the cockpit so I'd say it wouldn't make passengers think "your engine is loud". However I did not directly compare it to OEM paper filter. As far as HP/MPG didn't really test for it, I really only drove it for about 15-20 miles to make a quick decision (which ultimately came down to the sound). And really, I wouldn't expect any tangible hp gain from any of these intakes/filters (w/o a tune), though the powerband moves a little towards higher rpm. The panel filter will probably work best for anyone who wants a higher flow filter but doesn't plan on getting a tune for it. And intake temps will typically be more stable (lower) than the SRI since it uses the stock box and the SRI grabs hot air (especially at a stop/crawl speeds). I sold it to chiefmg (he bought it before he even got his CX-5 l0l) maybe he can give some input.

Last edited:
Back