2014 Mazda 6 Morimoto elite hid 5k kit and led cool white license plate bulbs

Djbradle

:
2014 Mazda6 Blue Reflex I-Touring
"The iphone does not give good resolution at all but the Morimoto colors are just right. Not too white, nor too blue. The cool white license plate bulbs match perfectly and give a nice luxury look. I wasn't keen on putting led's anywhere else but there."

Edit:
Uploaded higher res pics down below.

Last edited:
Well, I just checked these on my home computer and the color representation/clarity is waaaaaay off. I will revisit with better pics soon. The Iphone 4 does not do well in low light.

Better res with a dslr

A few shots for perspective. They give excellent illumination at night! DSC05299.JPGDSC05300.JPGDSC05298.JPGDSC05297.JPG

Looks great dj, I like how the lights match the Reflex Blue. Where'd you get the LEDs?

Hey BRON,

WLED-CW5 in Cool White
From Superbrightleds.com

About $4 a piece

So nice that I threw a pair on my wife's CX9.

I talked to the TRS guys about the Morimoto kit, they recommend the 4300k kit for the 6. What do you guys think about it? I believe that's the industry standard.

I talked to the TRS guys about the Morimoto kit, they recommend the 4300k kit for the 6. What do you guys think about it? I believe that's the industry standard.

You got it - stock HIDs are generally 4300k. Mercedes uses 5000k Osram HIDs on the E- and S-Class. Audi uses 5500k for their LEDs headlights.

Thanks, Bron. I guess we are discussing the same thing in two different boards, so you may ignore my other post on the HID.

Also, is there a way we can get the High beam/DRL replaced by something HIDish? lol

Thanks, Bron. I guess we are discussing the same thing in two different boards, so you may ignore my other post on the HID.

Also, is there a way we can get the High beam/DRL replaced by something HIDish? lol

I've seen people replace their high beams with high-power halogens. They produce a whiter light but are not actually HIDs. Philips CrystalVision, PIAA Xtreme White and the Nokyas are all examples of high-power halogens.

and they work as DRLs too? How much does the high beam matter though? Just need an opinion on that.

and they work as DRLs too? How much does the high beam matter though? Just need an opinion on that.

I believe the DRL and high beams use the same bulb so yes, they should work as DRLs too. The high beam IMO works fine as-is so I didn't change it. My regular commute includes dark, narrow and twisty roads and the stock high-beams do the job there.

I never actually cared, but do the low beams stay on along with the high beams or they go off? If they stay on, then how does the mix of white and yellow light usually work out?

Another question I had is, can we switch back to the stock halogens in the future in case something goes wrong with the warranty or the HIDs?

I never actually cared, but do the low beams stay on along with the high beams or they go off? If they stay on, then how does the mix of white and yellow light usually work out?

Another question I had is, can we switch back to the stock halogens in the future in case something goes wrong with the warranty or the HIDs?

The low beams and high beams can stay on together. The white HID low-beams project closer to the car while the stock yellow high-beams project further out. It's a smooth transition in color between them. And yes, you can absolutely switch back to standard halogen bulbs.

Back