Does Mazda upgrade Infotainment system?

ajd

I am still upset that everyone at Mazda sold me on the text and messaging feature. I drive a lot and don't like looking down at my phone to see messages. Touching the GPS screen when moving is a lot safer than checking and emails when moving. I can't get any information out of Mazda support. One tech told me it will work when Apple updates their phone to work with Mazda. I don't see that being high on Apple's list of updates.

Does anyone know if Mazda does send out updates so hopefully one day I will be able to use this feature?

Does Mazda view and reply to posts in these forums or is it just for owners?

Needs text to speech here...

I am still upset that everyone at Mazda sold me on the text and messaging feature. I drive a lot and don't like looking down at my phone to see messages. Touching the GPS screen when moving is a lot safer than checking and emails when moving. I can't get any information out of Mazda support. One tech told me it will work when Apple updates their phone to work with Mazda. I don't see that being high on Apple's list of updates.

Does anyone know if Mazda does send out updates so hopefully one day I will be able to use this feature?

Police here in Nevada would nail you for "distracted driving" even looking at the screen for more than an instant, Even when stopped at a light. Perhaps an over reaction to the increasing number of accidents between car and people on foot.

WHAT IS REALLY NEEDED IS TEXT TO SPEECH to make it safer to get messages! Shouldn't be that tuff since both Apple and Microsoft have come a long way in that area of computing.

Needs text to speech here...

Perhaps, but you would never know it, since forum posts are usually pretty specific> What is more likely, is that some Mazda employees are among the readers/ posters. I have noticed a sharp increase in the number of people reading the forums!

Police here in Nevada would nail you for "distracted driving" even looking at the screen for more than an instant, Even when stopped at a light. Perhaps an over reaction to the increasing number of accidents between car and people on foot, but they are not giving warnings...TICKETS!!!

WHAT IS REALLY NEEDED IS TEXT TO SPEECH to make it safer to get messages! Shouldn't be that tuff since both Apple and Microsoft have come a long way in that area of computing.

Last edited:

I've researched this issue before (when I had an iPhone 5), and it's more Apple that's causing the problem than Mazda. Most older Android phones have the same issue. It has to do with the bluetooth communication between the phone and the infotainment system...apparently the support there is seriously lacking. If it's any consolation, I have an HTC One M9 now and I still have the same issue...it only shows text messages sporadically, and won't show e-mail notifications.

https://mazda-na.naviextras.com/shop/portal/downloads - go to this website and download the Mazda Toolbox. Through the toolbox, you can check for updates to the infotainment system and download them as necessary. I asked my dealership's service manager about infotainment updates, and he pointed me there. Basically, anything that's on that toolbox is what the dealership can do.

Be advised: I think you have to have navigation installed for it to work. I use the tool to update my navigation's maps, and it requires having the SD card.

Back