New P. E. P/Pope Downpipe and turbo manifolds.

MSP #811

:
MazdaSpeed Protege
Hello guys, I am one of those members who have been here quite a while but hardly posts anything, so I apologize if this post is in the wrong section.

I have been looking for turbo manifold as well as Downpipes for months to no avail for our aging cars.

Pope who used to make Downpipes and manifolds has told me if there is enough interest he will make a new batch. He would require 10 people interested in the Downpipe and 5 people interested in the manifold before he would start.

Is this anything any of you guys would like to see take off? I sure would it's difficult enough finding replacement parts let alone quantity upgrades for our amazing cars.

Im pretty sure you could get 5 for the mani but it needs to be solid!! And there has to be proof of progression at least one progression update a week thats pretty reasonable as far as a progress report goes. Im sure others will chime in.

I thought ThePope504 only made DPs

He did a limited run of manifolds in a gb a while back. Took forever and people got very impatient with him about it and reported him to antione and paypal. Most I believe did get there parts though.

He has a full-time job and worked as best he could to deliver a product. Which is a lot more than most of the other fly by night johnny come lately's have done over the years.

He has a full-time job and worked as best he could to deliver a product. Which is a lot more than most of the other fly by night johnny come lately's have done over the years.

Oh yeah I know that. Family first believe me. Just informing what happened the 1st time round with manifolds. Absolutely no complaints about the DP though. Tough to keep up with stuff if you're a 1 man show.

old manifold GB link
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123810517-GI-Replacement-exhaust-manifold&highlight=

Last edited:
So is this something we can generate enough interest for? I'm highly interested as long as enough people are ready to get on board.

I think thats the problem. too many ppl are on board, but then jump ship when time comes. he has a good reason for ending his previous production, i would hate to see all this interest built up and then him get stiffed....it would leave a bad taste in my mouth if it were to happen to me.

On a side note, they seem to be a hot commodity in the WTB section...i was close to getting one last time, then when i went to order, i found they were discontinued...

Well the timing is good as far as soon as the bunch is ready people should have there tax return

It seems we need a moderator who can hold and assemble a list of who wants this, and to keep in constant and consistent contact with Mr. Pope.
I agree with forzdaZE96 it would be terrible to generate all the hype, get the money together and then jump off ship, it would leave a bad taste as well as bad impression on what us as a Mazda community are about.

Being a one man show for the creator of these, whoever did get on board would obviously need to understand that this will take time to fabricate and ship out the door.

I've seen the downpipe in person is very well built and worth every penny. I sure wish I had one..... I'm lucky though and will be getting the setup from a local guy. If that falls through I for sure will want in.

In spring 2014, definitely interested.

It seems we need a moderator who can hold and assemble a list of who wants this, and to keep in constant and consistent contact with Mr. Pope.
I agree with forzdaZE96 it would be terrible to generate all the hype, get the money together and then jump off ship, it would leave a bad taste as well as bad impression on what us as a Mazda community are about.

Being a one man show for the creator of these, whoever did get on board would obviously need to understand that this will take time to fabricate and ship out the door.

not a moderators job, pope can easily pay the fees to be a vendor and do this GB himself same as before OR you ever is going to organize this needs to PM Antoine to get all the details together so that the moderators do not close this thread/GB.

no money or pricing should be discussed, sent before the details are figured out.

Honestly the only voices that matter are the voices of dollars. When would we need to submit a deposit and roughly how long would the lead time be to delivery? If i could expect a manifold on my doorstep sometime in the early new year, i could drop a deposit as easy as this weekend.
Id like to get a downpipe as well but i wont have money for a new exhaust until much later into 2014. If this manifold fits everything in the stock location, id be down.
No plans for a big built. Just a sensible, fun to drive midly modified mazda.

Honestly the only voices that matter are the voices of dollars. When would we need to submit a deposit and roughly how long would the lead time be to delivery? If i could expect a manifold on my doorstep sometime in the early new year, i could drop a deposit as easy as this weekend.
Id like to get a downpipe as well but i wont have money for a new exhaust until much later into 2014. If this manifold fits everything in the stock location, id be down.
No plans for a big built. Just a sensible, fun to drive midly modified mazda.
Excellent point. Money talks.

alright people. lets get production started on these parts. we need 7 more people to deposit $25 through pay pal for a dp. everyone knows these parts are great quality so why pass them up while we have the chance??

do you have permission to run the GB on here from Antoine?

Back