Oil filter upgrade

Do you run the Seafoam for a few minutes, then change? I've read in another thread about the "seafoam treatment" (1/3 crank case, 1/3 gas tank, 1/3 booster line) and then needing to change your oil pretty soon after the fact? But some did say they left the seafoam in for days and longer..?

I put half a can of sea foam in with my new oil and leave it till my next oil change (5000 km)

My engine is sludge free now so the seafoam just dissolves any new deposits.

You need to check the dipstick for dirt and darkness...

Change it out as the sludge dissolves.

https://seafoamsales.com

Once your oil control rings and their associated oil drain holes are clogged and then baked shut, you're not gonna get any oil flow through them to clean them...

I put a shot in with the gas at every fill up...
It slowly burns away any carbon on top of the cylinders...
It cleans the injectors continuously as well.

You can't clean that stuff off in one treatment... It takes time and then you need to keep it clean..

However !!!

If your engine is full of sludge and has had liquid sandpaper (old dirt filled oil) running through it forever.

The valve seals need that sludge to make the seal.... You wash away the sludge and your engine will burn all kinds of extra oil.

But...
Chances are stuck oil ring a are the source of your oil consumption...

Do you run the Seafoam for a few minutes, then change?

There is stuff called engine flush... That stuff is different, it's got caustic stuff in it like ammonia.
You can only leave it in for 3-10 minutes before it starts to dissolve seals and gaskets... Not a good idea..

... I've read in another thread about the "seafoam treatment" (1/3 crank case, 1/3 gas tank, 1/3 booster line)...

That's the standard treatment...
It's best to run your gas down to 1/4 tank before putting in the seafoam then run it till your fuel light comes on.

It goes through richer and works better.

Back