Mystery Oil Leak

Nevermore

:
2003 Mazda Protege Mazdaspeed
So I have had this Mystery oil leak for awhile, Valve cover gasket is new checked and not leaking, Here is the thing though... Oil is getting everywhere including on my intake, But I cannot source where it is coming from...is there any already known "weak" spots on the MSPs that could be causing this? I will post a picture of the Bay asap.

Could be the oil cap, did you use silicone on the cam caps when you did the VC gasket?

Oil cap is pretty new, no to the silicone though it was doing it before i replaced it.

I have the same mystery oil leak. The cause of mine is front crankshaft seal. Maybe pull off the vc and check the timing belt and see if there is any oil on it. I also thought it was the vc gasket or oil pan changed both and now to find out its the front main seal on crankshaft

geez you are probably right...and damnit I was just in there not too long ago replacing the waterpump...not looking forward to opening that damn engine up again

but also would that cause oil to spray all over my engine mainly where the BPV is?

Look at it while it is running. If it is the stock oil cap the rubber gasket is likely hardened and does not seal anymore.

funny story...girlfriend added a quart of oil to the car about a year ago and forgot to put the oil cap back on, so had to buy a new one, but that is not what caused all the oil to spray everywhere because I washed the engine after that little incident haha

Your front crank seal will not get the BPV wet with oil. are your turbo lines leaking under load?

Latest posts

Back