Who makes good quality coilovers for the Mazda5?

sac02

:
2013 Mazda5 Sport 6MT
Hi all, I'm very new to the Mazda world, and know little about who the typical aftermarket names are - can you all give me some help?

I'm the new owner of a 2013 Mazda5, and I want to put coilovers on it. The purpose for the coilovers is to upgrade the handling. (I won't be slamming the car or stancing it, that's not my thing).

My primary criteria is that I'm looking for a high quality kit with the best possible ride and handling within my budget of $2000. (can't afford, and don't need, ultra-high end/race stuff like Ohlins or Penske). I definitely want to stay away from the cheaper entry-level stuff that may be of dubious quality.

If I'm looking at Mazda5 kits, I would assume the valving and spring rates will be adapted to the mz5. But it appears not many people make coilovers specific to the Mz5.

I am open to using a Mazda3 kit, if I am able to substitute a higher spring rate for the heavier mz5, and the dampers could be properly adjusted as well.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Honestly, I would think the best coilovers would be from BC racing with upgraded spring rates. If I didn't get a good deal for my Megan's, that's the route I would've went.

We met up, had a good ride through some turns and bumpy stuff. Maybe he'll write his impressions here later. :)

Back