16" aftermarket rims suggestions

jeremy44

:
CX-5 AWD GT with Tech pkg
Went through one winter with the generic steel rims that comes along with winter tyres, now that winter is coming soon, I decided that I can't bare to see it on again. (boom02)

Looking for good 16 inch rims in the Toronto (Markham- Richmond Hill) area for $400-$500

Any places that sell them would be worth a look.

Are you sure alloy 16"s will fit? Some of us, including myself, have put on 16" steelies for winter but there is very little clearance left for the calipers. Since alloys are significantly thicker material they may not clear the calipers. Not sure, just something to consider and look into before buying.

We put 16 inch alloys on ours for the winter wheels. It fits (barely) over the calipers.

Good to know. Each wheel will have its own design and thickness though. I'd be surprised if there weren't some that don't fit just by how close my steels are.

P1080074.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
P1080073.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
P1080072.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We ended up going with Motegi Racing rims, mostly because it was one of the choices available at the store where I bought the winter tires. The rims are silver, but currently dirty in these photos. The salesman steered me away from one brand for this application (I forget which one), due to their thicker "backside", which might have caused interference with the caliper. As you can see from one of those pictures, there is a little room between the caliper and the rim.

16s ride a whole lot smoother than the stock 19s. Also, I was amazed how heavy the stock 19" rims and tires were, as compared to 16 inch rims and tires which I have for a pickup truck.

Hey guys, found this thread this morning and hoping I can get some help....I'm in the market for new rims and winter tires.....I was assuming 17" would be the way to go but would 16" fit? I'm curious.....would most likely be getting both at Costco, costco appears to sell O.E rims (X40891) but only in 16"....the best 17" rims they sell (X99142N) aren't O.E but hubcentric; centred by the centre bore.....any help on this would be great. Thanks.

Back