What did you pay for your Mazda3 w/ Taxes and Fees?

I'm currently looking at a white S GT hatchback with a MSRP of $30,090. Car comes with the 3TE package and navigation. The internet price offered without negotiations is $28,838. Seems like most dealers will give roughly $1200 off without much hesitation. Has anyone gotten a lower price?

Also, I do qualify for the military cash. Would it be bad to settle on a price and then advise them I qualify for the military cash? I know most dealers would factor in the military cash as their discount instead of a rebate from the manufacturer. Don't know if this is bad form or not on my part as the dealership would be reimbursed anyways. Any thoughts on this tactic? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Be careful about internet pricing. Many dealers include ALL discounts in the internet price not just the ones you'll get. Unfortunately, that's legal. The internet price also doesn't include extras like doc fee and etching and in some states like NJ, you can't negotiate those things away. Military is only very recent or current military unlike other brands that offer everyone who served a discount.

They gave me a itemized pricing break down. The military discount was no mentioned and there were no "add-on" fees other then tax, and the $80 documentation fee. I'll try to get it down a couple hundred more and then hit them with the military discount. I'm a current reservist so I should qualify.

I'm currently looking at a white S GT hatchback with a MSRP of $30,090. Car comes with the 3TE package and navigation. The internet price offered without negotiations is $28,838. Seems like most dealers will give roughly $1200 off without much hesitation. Has anyone gotten a lower price?

Also, I do qualify for the military cash. Would it be bad to settle on a price and then advise them I qualify for the military cash? I know most dealers would factor in the military cash as their discount instead of a rebate from the manufacturer. Don't know if this is bad form or not on my part as the dealership would be reimbursed anyways. Any thoughts on this tactic? Thanks in advance.

I was able to get the MSRP of $30,070 down to $27,400. This doesn't include doc fees, dmv registration, and sales tax.

Doc Fees

I've been taking note of the doc fees people have mentioned and find it absurd that here in North Carolina, doc fees are $600!! That's not just Mazda but other dealerships as well. It actually seems much more reasonable in other states. Tried to talk it down on my Subaru and they wouldn't budge.

CA has a law that caps the max doc fee at $80. Not sure if this is true, but someone told me that.

I've been taking note of the doc fees people have mentioned and find it absurd that here in North Carolina, doc fees are $600!! That's not just Mazda but other dealerships as well. It actually seems much more reasonable in other states. Tried to talk it down on my Subaru and they wouldn't budge.

Doc fee's = Extra profit for dealer, simple as that. I can see maybe 100-150 dollars at the most for Doc fee's (paying the guy's salary that files it all and the paper..) but anything above that is just a way they can say they sell the car for 300-500 less, but then make it up on the doc fee.

MSRP:$26,065
2014 s Touring 5-Door with MIRROR, AUTO-DIM W/COMPASS

MSRP:$26,065
INVOICE: $25,058
PRICE: $24,595
DRIVE-OUT PRICE: $24,595 PLUS $1,586.11 TAX + $274.50 License, Registration, Doc Fee =
Total Cash or Finance Price of: $26,455.61

How was your experience with the auto-dim mirror install at the dealer? Did they refit the headliner and A-pillar cover back properly? I am planning on getting it when I buy the S-Touring soon.

The instructions from Mazda accessories are usually very clear. Anyone can do it.

Accessories are port-installed, not by Mazda.
That means at LA port for folks on the west coast.
I think you can do better by taking your time.
I did it for my CX9 (autodimming + Homelink + compass) in 2 hrs.

First time poster and new Mazda 3 owner...This car is awesome!

I purchased a 2014 Mazda3 6MT HB (Meteor Grey Mica) MSRP = 24,040.00
Negotiated Price = $22,499.00 ($1,541 or 6.4% off MSRP)
Tax = $1,574.93
Tire Tax $1.25
Title/Tags = $50.00
Documentation = $149.50
Auto Show Bonus = -$250.00
OTD = $24,024.68

I did not qualify for owner loyalty or military discounts...unfortunately

Well before I actually left, I decided to get the extended warranty that extends the 3 yr / 36,000 to 7 yr / 100,000 miles with $100.00 deductible. The price was $1,798 MSRP and they were doing it for $1,299 for end of year and I negotiated it down to $1,001. This is not something I typically get but with all the goodies...heated seats, moonroof, tech package..and the fact they were willing to negotiate I went for it.

So new OTD is $25,025.68...

I think I did pretty well?

A family member bought a '14 6 using my employee plan discount back when they first came out this spring. It was about $27k out the door for a touring w/tech model which is about $4.5k off sticker.

I'm trying to deal on a Mazda 3 S GT hatchback in white with 3TE technology package. The best price I was quoted without incentive rebates was $28,000 + fees. Anyone get a better deal in the Los Angeles area? Thanks in advance

2014 M3 iTouring MT snowflake white pearl (12 miles on odometer): MSRP $19,595; $200 paint charge; $795 D, P, & H Fee; $500 loyalty discount; $350 accounting fee; OTD $20,001. I drove it from the Utah dealer to Idaho the same evening. Love the car, but I'm not proud of the price I paid. Things happen.

Actually, some of the accessories can be dealer installed also.

Of course. If you ask dealers to do them, they will.
All I said was that these accessories that came with the vehicles to the dealerships were installed at ports of entry.

Bought my Mazda 3 last night on New Year's Eve at a local dealership. Dealt with their internet department and the deal was quick and painless.

Mazda 3 S GT hatchback w/ 3TE Technology Package in Snowflake White.

$26,900 + fees. (smoke)

Bought my Mazda 3 last night on New Year's Eve at a local dealership. Dealt with their internet department and the deal was quick and painless.

Mazda 3 S GT hatchback w/ 3TE Technology Package in Snowflake White.

$26,900 + fees. (smoke)

That's the exact car I want :) where did you get yours?

I'm in Southern California. I got it from OC Mazda of Tustin.

IMG_20131231_164206.jpg

I'm in Southern California. I got it from OC Mazda of Tustin.

View attachment 205762

Very nice! I have one coming into the dealer here on the east coast probably in the next few days. After seeing what people have been getting on here I definitely won't pay over 30k out the door for a SGT with 3TE. I did some calculations, or a white SGT with 3TE invoice comes out to 27743.. how did you get it almost 850 below invoice??

Last edited:
Back