What did you pay for your Mazda3 w/ Taxes and Fees?

ghsmark20

:
2014 Mazda3 Hatch Meteor Grey sGT w/ tech
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I've been browsing the forum and haven't seeing too many posts on how much you paid out the door for your 3 including taxes and fees. I want to buy this car but I'm not sure if I'm getting a good deal or not. I'm from Southern California so if you purchased your car in SoCal your input would be great, and if not, then that also would be great to help others get a better idea if they're in your area.
I've made up my mind and I'm looking for a good deal on a Hatchback sGT. Yesterday I was at Mazda of Alhambra and the MSRP was $27,290. With taxes and fees it comes out to $30,130. Are these similar to your numbers? What dealership did you go to?

Last edited:
I paid $26,688 for the sGT Hatch + $150 doc fees. I think that is the fair comparison since taxes, title, plates and registration vary by location.
For example, we have no sales tax. Title is $77, a single plate is $12 (all that is required), and 4 year registration is $172. So my total out the door price was $27,099. With our new 4 year registration for new cars, I may sell it before I have to register it again ($86 for two years).

I paid about the same, $30k'ish with tax and everything but I also got the 7 year/100k extended warranty. I tried Alhambra but they were hard to negotiate with so I went through the internet sales at Browning Mazda in Cerritos.

Edit: I paid $26,002 for the car, minus tax and the extended warranty stuffs.

Last edited:
I paid $26,531 out the door for my sTouring and that was after two weeks of negotiating with a lot of dealers.

I paid invoice for my s Touring hatch in Alhambra. Go in knowing the invoice and try to make the dealers fight for your business lol thats what I did and Alhambra matched the quote the dealer in Irvine gave me.

Taxes and fees vary from region to region, which is why most people just post what they paid for the car. I paid just about invoice myself, but I have an 8.25% sales tax on the net retail price after subtracting trade-in value, plus registration and inspection, and I paid for an extended warranty. All that other stuff is going to make a big difference in the "out the door" price.

Pricing and best offer possible varies with regions.
In bay area, I paid $700 off MSRP for sGT (no tech package).
Since I am a Mazda owner, I got another $500 off from Mazda.
Effectively, I paid under invoice combining these two discount.
Title, fee, and regional ads cost vary from dealer to dealer.
I did not pay regional ads fee since mine sat in the dealer's lot for less than 1 week.
However, another dealer might charge you $300 in a whim.

I paid $26,688 for the sGT Hatch + $150 doc fees. I think that is the fair comparison since taxes, title, plates and registration vary by location.
For example, we have no sales tax. Title is $77, a single plate is $12 (all that is required), and 4 year registration is $172. So my total out the door price was $27,099. With our new 4 year registration for new cars, I may sell it before I have to register it again ($86 for two years).

$150 in Doc fees, ouch. CA dealers can only charge a max of $80. But then we do get screwed with the DMV fees. Registration is about $300/year.

$150 in Doc fees, ouch. CA dealers can only charge a max of $80. But then we do get screwed with the DMV fees. Registration is about $300/year.
Yup - sux. A dealer told me in Arizona (Phoenix??) they charge $695 and all the dealers stick to it. Either pay it or go elsewhere. Sounds like BS to me, but ...?
I hate doc fees. Obviously they are just a form of added dealer markup. Anyone who has looked at title, registration and plate applications can see it is about a 15 minute job and not rocket science. Pay a clerical person $25 per hour and it's worth about $10. Above that and they are bending you over.

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I've been browsing the forum and haven't seeing too many posts on how much you paid out the door for your 3 including taxes and fees. I want to buy this car but I'm not sure if I'm getting a good deal or not. I'm from Southern California so if you purchased your car in SoCal your input would be great, and if not, then that also would be great to help others get a better idea if they're in your area.
I've made up my mind and I'm looking for a good deal on a Hatchback sGT. Yesterday I was at Mazda of Alhambra and the MSRP was $27,290. With taxes and fees it comes out to $30,130. Are these similar to your numbers? What dealership did you go to?

I am looking at the 2014 iGround Touring hatch, and I was quoted the following at Browning:

Price: $23,430 (MSRP is $25,090 per sales guy)
APR: 2.90% (FYI - dealer would not budget unless I ran my credit; dealer asked what my FICO was and i said 800 and they still said 2.9% even for people with good FICO's)
Docs/DMV: ~$390
Tax 9%: ~$2,115

36 mos Finance Charges at ~$930 (out the door: $26,863)
48 mos Finance Charges at ~$1,230 (out the door: $27,162)
60 mos Finance Charges at ~$1,503 (out the door: $27,437)

I refuse to pay 2.9% when almost all other dealers are offering 0% to 1.5% financing for their 2014 models. I'd rather have the $930 bucks go to something else like car insurance, warranty, or other features. I will go to another dealership to see if they can do a bit better. At that price point I was quoted, I might as well go for an sGT. Anyway - at least I have a starting point.

I am interested in buying a 2014 Mazda 3 i touring sedan. Is there anyone from San Francisco Bay Area who purchased a 2014 Mazda 3? What the deal did you get? Any Mazda dealer to recommend? I want to pay invoice price or below. If the price is not possible at this moment, I can wait till Thanksgiving or end of the year.

Me.
$700 off MSRP (sGT). + $500 off from loyalty discount (you have to own another Mazda - or someone in your house).
Together, I got $1200 off MSRP. That was 3 weeks ago.
The deal with get sweeter comes the Thanksgiving.
You might get $1000 off MSRP easily. I got mine from Capitol Mazda.

Thanks for starting this thread. I had a general idea of what I was willing to pay for the 3s gt and I can see its pretty much in line with what you folks paid.

Invoice + $250 minus $250 auto show rebate (that was a the dealership, I've not been to that auto show). s GT with Tech. (early Tech: no radar cruise control...)

I am looking at the 2014 iGround Touring hatch, and I was quoted the following at Browning:

APR: 2.90% (FYI - dealer would not budget unless I ran my credit; dealer asked what my FICO was and i said 800 and they still said 2.9% even for people with good FICO's)

I refuse to pay 2.9% when almost all other dealers are offering 0% to 1.5% financing for their 2014 models. I'd rather have the $930 bucks go to something else like car insurance, warranty, or other features. I will go to another dealership to see if they can do a bit better. At that price point I was quoted, I might as well go for an sGT. Anyway - at least I have a starting point.

They probably gave you a crappy estimate until they run your credit. Kinda odd they seemed so adamant about the 2.9%. I would say check out some other dealerships. The first dealership I went to refused to even run a credit check until I agreed to buy the car and sign the paperwork. I walked out.

For reference out the door for me for the SGT (door sill plates and the steel bumper guard) was 29570 (tax 8.75%)

My sGT Hatch w/o Tech + door sill plates, bumper guard, and wheel locks.
Price $26,354.00
Tax $858.84
Doc Fee $150
Total Cash Price $27,362.84

Minus Trade $17,500
Minus Loyalty Cash $500
Plus License fee $153.25

Total Financed at 2.49% @ 60Monts $9,515.25 = ~$169/Month

With that credit score just get financing from your bank. That way it isn't part of the deal. My credit was a little low because I just bought (co-signed, but as far as the bank is concerned bought) a 2013 Hatch for my brother in law at 0% in August and I easily got 2.49% through my bank.

They probably gave you a crappy estimate until they run your credit. Kinda odd they seemed so adamant about the 2.9%. I would say check out some other dealerships. The first dealership I went to refused to even run a credit check until I agreed to buy the car and sign the paperwork. I walked out.

For reference out the door for me for the SGT (door sill plates and the steel bumper guard) was 29570 (tax 8.75%)

Thanks for your response. I pulled the trigger and bought a Deep Crystal Blue 2014 iGrand Touring 5-door Automatic for $23,325 + tax/fees from a different dealer, one in Orange County -- not much of a better deal.

I brought in a TrueCar Quote and they couldn't give me that dealer price stated on it. They said my TrueCar quote was incorrect and that $22,800 for a 2014 iGrand Touring Automatic for $22,800 was a result of a glitch in the system. The TrueCar quote was basically $24,040 - $1,140 (guaranteed savings) - $100 (amex rebate) = $22,800 (requested originally in October). They said the iGrand Touring Automatic was not $24,040 MSRP as indicated on TrueCar quotation, but that $24,040 was for the 2014 iGrand Touring with the Manual Transmission.

They only went down as low as 1.9% for the interest rate, but they knew their margins. They would not budge on the warranty. They were trying to charge $1,850 for 6 years and 100,000 miles so I declined.

You should feel pretty good about that iGT price. Lowest I was quoted for the iGT auto hatch was $23,175 +tax/fees (MSRP: $25,090 - base iGT, no add-ons). That was in the Midwest.. isn't everything out in the land of sunshine and happiness a little more expensive? :) Price you pay to not deal with snow! I believe your deal is right around, maybe a little bit under, invoice.

I talked myself into the sGT auto hatch (no add-ons) for $26,041 + tax/fees. Unfortunately, I didn't qualify for any of the incentives to get it any lower. Wah.

Back