Mazda axela 1.5 2005 clicking/ticking noise when coasting or breaking

Peace7

:
Mazda axela 2005
Hi there

Really need urgent help please.
I drive a Mazda axela 1.5 2005 sedan.
Just since yesterday afternoon leaving from work to home there started a very sort of loud sound like a clicking or ticking noise comming from what seems to be the front left side of the car when I'm coasting or breaking. When I'm accelerating there is no noise and when I'm comming to a full stop it doesn't make the sound either. It's transitioning through gears fine. When coasting at a high speed the tick sounds very fast and as it slows down so does the noise. My car is also an automatic. I've had a look at the wheel and there is no loose screws, lug nuts, nails etc in there. The sound is not so noticible from the outside but more so on the inside of the car.
Can anyone help me please!!

How do I forum?

Anyway wheel bearings maybe? Lift your car up and try to wiggle the wheel. If there is give it could be your wheel bearing.

Also make sure your cv boot doesn't have any tears. Some dirt etc could get in there and cause the noise.

Last edited:
I know this is obvious, and I don't mean to sound rude, but if you feel that this is urgent as you say you really should take the car to a mechanic rather than looking for answers from the internet. Lots of things can cause a noise - especially in an 8 year old car - so the odds of a definite diagnosis here is really slim.
Hope it turns out to be something inexpensive!

Hi there @robertmazda ive been to 3 different mechanics, 1 transmission company and 1 private mechanic with a degree in engineering.
all 3 mechanics thought it was comming from the wheel area they have all lifted up the car and had a look underneath but couldnt seen anything wrong they all suspect thats its a transmission fault....althought they are all baffilled becuase it should really make the noise while accelerating as well. i went to a friend who is a mechanic but also has a degree in engineering and he has tighted a belt within the moter and the noise has decresed slightly so im not sure whats hes done ill have to talk with him today to see what i might be able to do.

hi ryan.anderson thanks for your response ill check with the mechanic today and see if he has checked those too.

Back