OEM Mazda window visors installed

:
2017 CX-5 GT w/ Premium Pkg.
Got the Mazda visors today. The guy told me this was the first time Mazda came out with window visors for the US market. Interesting. Anyways they were a bit tricky to install. I thought it was just taped on but it has some tabs that goes into the window channel. Took me about half hour to put on.

null_zpsf7d19868.jpg

I like them, they sit really flush and don't stick out like some visors that I've seen.

Did they increase wind noise?

That's whats been holding me back from installing them. I put a set on my Dodge Ram and it doubled the wind noise when the windows are down.

Actually when windows are up the wind noise might have increased slightly when driving over 65mph as I've found out last night. They do work well blocking out wind when windows are down tho.

Is there tape in addition to them sitting in the window channels? I don't really want to put any kind of adhesive on the car.

Edit: Love the way it looks, btw!

Is there tape in addition to them sitting in the window channels? I don't really want to put any kind of adhesive on the car.

Edit: Love the way it looks, btw!

Yeah they're taped on too and they don't really sit in the window channels like the weathertech ones. Each visor has two little clip thingy that you clip inside the window channel. It was a bit tricky getting those little tabs in the grooves so just gotta play around and it'll catch into place. Once I got the first one down the rest were easier. I don't mind the stick on ones because I've had ones that goes fully into the window channels, weathertech, and they put too much stress on the windows causing them to make creaking noises when closing them.

Yeah they're taped on too and they don't really sit in the window channels like the weathertech ones. Each visor has two little clip thingy that you clip inside the window channel. It was a bit tricky getting those little tabs in the grooves so just gotta play around and it'll catch into place. Once I got the first one down the rest were easier. I don't mind the stick on ones because I've had ones that goes fully into the window channels, weathertech, and they put too much stress on the windows causing them to make creaking noises when closing them.
Thanks for the info!

Can you provide the part number for these and also how much you paid? I am thinking about getting a 2014 hatch and would love to have these

http://www.mazdaparts.org/mazda-3-side-window-visors.html

You can get it from that site or try your local dealer. I got it from my dealer for just around $150 and installed it myself.

Now that you've had these on the car for awhile, are there any problems they are causing? Do you like the functionality of them? I have never had any on my vehicles but am considering so that I can crack the windows when in a parking lot and get some air flow when it is raining without the rain coming in. Do they help with that?

Now that you've had these on the car for awhile, are there any problems they are causing? Do you like the functionality of them? I have never had any on my vehicles but am considering so that I can crack the windows when in a parking lot and get some air flow when it is raining without the rain coming in. Do they help with that?

I haven't had any problems with them. Originally I couldn't figure out how to dry underneath it after washing my car but now I just roll down the windows to dry that area then roll back up and then clean the rest of the windows. That was the only issue I had lol I like them a lot tho, love how they look and I always leave my windows cracked open when parked especially when it's hot. When driving in the rain, I usually have the back cracked a bit and this keeps the inside of the car from fogging up and keeps water from getting in.

I also have them on my M3 and there are no problems with them. They were one of the free accessories I got when I bought my car so the dealer installed them.

I have bought them from day I bought my new mazda and they certainly make it look really sport and it's smoked tinted and keeps car cool in hot weather I luv them

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Back