Infotainment System Bugs

Try this. Can you connect your iPod through AUX and see if your stability gets better. Before I got my software update to 20.0000.07 my system was completely unstable. Since I was updated I've yet to see an issue for several weeks. One difference is I'm using my zune through AUX for audio. It just works, no more hiccups, no lag connecting my phone, no input selection issues. Etc. I'm wondering how much of these problems are related to using a iDevice on USB.

I've been having pretty good luck with my audio and jumping back and forth between USB and XM sources for the most part. I leave a USB Stick plugged in almost all the time, don't remove it. I have one of those small cruzer fit one that is small.

Only gripe I have with USB playback are it picks a random folder on start up and I wish the shuffle feature worked a bit better.
I also wish that if you turned car off while at a spot on a USB track it picked up where it left off but that's not something easy to do so not really expected, but I have seen the Mazda3 system do this sometimes with some USB tracks also.

I put podcast MP3 on the uSB Stick for most part.
I should try to stream them from my phone via BT but I hate iTunes worth a passion. Worst apple product made.

Also the whole system is slower on startup than it was when I took delivery of it a few weeks ago.
Did you add a USB memory stick? I have a 32GB Cruz Fit with thousands of songs on it. I will likely put something else in the car since it takes about 2 minutes to load.

update for infotainment is or will be available at your dealers within the next week or so. some dealers do have it now. I was informed by Mazda Headquarters today.

update for infotainment is or will be available at your dealers within the next week or so. some dealers do have it now. I was informed by Mazda Headquarters today.

I got the new version installed yesterday. I was having problems with the flash drive in the USB port. We will see if it fixed the problem.

I got version 25.00.400 installed today. I only had a couple of minor Bluetooth issues before. I'll see if the new update makes any difference. I may also try out a flash drive in the USB port to see what kinds of results I get. I haven't tried that feature yet.

How long does the 25.x update take and is it free under warranty to do? Maybe I'll schedule that with my first oil change here probably near end of month.

Anyone know what is new/fixed in it?

It took about 90 minutes for them to do, but I was the first one they had done. It was completely free.

I don't know all the fixes, but I am very happy to report that the NAV voice now says street names much better. It no longer sounds like a drunk that stumbled out of the bar at 2am. :) It says all the street types correctly too (ave, Rd, St, Blvd). That alone is a huge improvement for me!

I'll let you guys know of anything else I notice.

It took about 90 minutes for them to do, but I was the first one they had done. It was completely free.

I don't know all the fixes, but I am very happy to report that the NAV voice now says street names much better. It no longer sounds like a drunk that stumbled out of the bar at 2am. :) It says all the street types correctly too (ave, Rd, St, Blvd). That alone is a huge improvement for me!

Hah, yea - that may be worth it then. It doesn't pronounce Illinois right or even close and a few other oddities. I wish there was a way to get rid of the route recalculation message or have it not say it as much when you go another way then NAV thinks you should go.

Is anyone having navigation issues where the navigation has you go out of the way routes to get to your destination? Ive seen that there are different route options, and they all see to do the same thing. The navigation has me going to make uturns completely passing turns that could have been made to avoid the uturn all together.

I got the new version installed yesterday. I was having problems with the flash drive in the USB port. We will see if it fixed the problem.

It has been about a week since the new version was installed and both the USB1 and USB2 seem to be working fine. I have 2 flash drives installed and 1 of them is 2GB and 1 of them is 8GB. As the guy said when he jumped off the 20 story building and passed each floor "So far so Good".

I bought my car on the 30th and the dealer had done the update (MSP41) on the 27th while still in their inventory.

Where do you look to see which version firmware the car has ?
Infotainment > Settings > System > About

Can anyone tell me if this update fixes the clock issue (adds a DST option, GPS Sync works correctly)?

Last edited:
Ok so I ordered a 6th gen iPod Nano to use in the car. It works great except for one teeny tiny problem: periodically it completely hoses the UI, and makes it 100% unresponsive until you physically disconnect the Nano. And reconnecting it produces an "Authentication Error" until you shut off the car and let it sit for some long amount of time (quick stop and start doesn't clear it but it cleared while I was at work for 8 hours).

I'm due for my 5k mile service and some new tires anyway (those Dunlops are slippery on anything but dry road), so I'll be seeing about a firmware update as well.

Nice to hear all the positive feedback about the infotainment software update. Mazda corporate contacted me to let me know the software update is now available. I am going to schedule sometime this week for my dealership to update it and also update the nav system.

The dealer updated mine yesterday when I went in for a rattle check. I don't notice anything different but the boot up time seems faster now. I didn't have much problem before so wasn't planning on updating yet but they did it without me asking.

Anyone know if this update adds the setting the car is supposed to have to adjust the number of times a turn signal flashes when you lightly push/pull the turn signal stalk? The manual says that the number of times can be changed from the default of 3 in the infotainment system, but when I go to that screen, it just has a checkbox to turn it on or off. I would like to increase it from 3 to 4 or 5. State of Michigan law states that the turn signal must remain on until you complete your lane change, I think, and I don't usually complete it quickly enough for only 3 flashes.

Anyone know if this update adds the setting the car is supposed to have to adjust the number of times a turn signal flashes when you lightly push/pull the turn signal stalk? The manual says that the number of times can be changed from the default of 3 in the infotainment system, but when I go to that screen, it just has a checkbox to turn it on or off. I would like to increase it from 3 to 4 or 5. State of Michigan law states that the turn signal must remain on until you complete your lane change, I think, and I don't usually complete it quickly enough for only 3 flashes.

Mine was updated on the 27th, two days before I bought it and it flashes the 3 times only. So I do not think that changed at all.

Back