Infotainment System Bugs

zoom zoom > infotainment

Yes, but zoom zoom w/inforainment is even better yet.

Is bluetooth streaming troublefree? It may not sound as well as a usb connection, but lower quality sound is probably better than higher quality problems.

I didn't have problems with BT streaming when I used it, but I'm using a old zune on Aux for high quality and no infotainment issues, at least that I've encountered. None, now that I have the latest firmware I should say.

Any of them will do that, that's an Exhange ActiveSync issue, the server pulls down all of your mailbox's local contacts folders, including "suggested contacts." Most EAS clients don't offer an option to specify which contacts folders are synced.

It makes the contact list useless since suggested names do not have phone numbers. It seems to me they could give the option to only sync contacts with phone numbers or to choose which contact list to use. I am stuck using SIRI to make calls.

It makes the contact list useless since suggested names do not have phone numbers. It seems to me they could give the option to only sync contacts with phone numbers or to choose which contact list to use. I am stuck using SIRI to make calls.

If you go into your bluetooth settings on the phone then select the device you should be able to select what groups of contacts are synced over bluetooth.

Like I said, don't go blaming Mazda on this one. All they can do is sync the contacts in your phone. Your problem (and mine BTW, and many others) is that you have a crapload of contacts in your phone because you have a crapload of contacts in your Exchange account because Outlook takes every email you send and adds it to "Suggested Contacts."

I'd suggest setting up some favorite contacts and making your calls from that. Mazda can hardly skip the email-only contacts since their system has an email interface, don't you think?

So after 3 weeks of the ITS working flawlessly, the inevitable happened. I had my phone hooked up via USB to utilize the charger, but tried to play music through the Bluetooth. I had this combination once before where it worked fine, but this time I had no connectivity between the car's ITS interface and my phone. The music wouldn't play and none of the car's ITS controls were able to communicate to the phone. I restarted the car, turned off the Bluetooth, restarted the phone, and nothing worked. Finally the ITS system reset by itself while I was driving, and I was able to control music through USB only, but Bluetooth was still inoperable. Annoying.

Here's an odd bug. I hit the mph/kph button to show the kids. Then I switched it back. All is well. But now, when I turn the car off and it displays the fuel economy for that trip, it's still on the metric system. But when I'm driving and display the fuel economy, it's in miles as it should be. I think we're all experiencing the "new model" field testing phase.
I've the same issue. Changing mph to km/h back and forth doesn't seem to fix it. It's somewhat annoying to see the graph with the past so many minutes averages being meaningless. (the conversion is not something most of us will do in their mind).

Email: I've 727 contacts. I had maybe 30-40 suggested contacts: I deleted them. But I have plenty of email accounts on my phone (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, a second exchange server). I'll see if there's an option to sync only some, but so far no luck. So total I might be over 1000, but I doubt I would be as much over to only get to "H". And honestly I would do great with maybe 20 favorites added to the car, only they are not at the top of the alphabet. I might have to create some silly names like AA_foo_bar instead of foo_bar. Selecting that with voice control will for sure never work. (but voice control is a gadget not working with my accent anyway ;-) )

I've the same issue. Changing mph to km/h back and forth doesn't seem to fix it. It's somewhat annoying to see the graph with the past so many minutes averages being meaningless. (the conversion is not something most of us will do in their mind).

Try going into the setting, for vehicle or system and you should be able to change it from km to miles.

Is anyone else connecting an iPod via USB to the infotainment system? I am experiencing issues where the headunit does not play any song but the first song in the library. While, it is able to scroll through artists, albums, and songs; it does not play them. It hesitates and then plays the first song in the library.

Also, is there a way to change the audio levels of the navigation? I've looked through the settings and was not able to find anything

Also, is there a way to change the audio levels of the navigation? I've looked through the settings and was not able to find anything

Yes. If I remember correctly, it is under the NAV > settings menu > guidance volume.
What I'm missing is the adjustment for the automatic volume control that is supposed to change volume with road speed. There are supposed to be 7 levels but I don't have an option to change them. I can't tell that the Audio Pilot feature is working even though it is turned on.

Yes. If I remember correctly, it is under the NAV > settings menu > guidance volume.
What I'm missing is the adjustment for the automatic volume control that is supposed to change volume with road speed. There are supposed to be 7 levels but I don't have an option to change them. I can't tell that the Audio Pilot feature is working even though it is turned on.

Hey, thanks a lot man!

Also, does anyone know anything about the trial XM subscription? I have, and am able to listen to some XM channels, but have noticed that there are a lot that do not show and there are also some that say that the station is unavailable. Is there somewhere I need to activate it?

Also, does anyone know anything about the trial XM subscription? I have, and am able to listen to some XM channels, but have noticed that there are a lot that do not show and there are also some that say that the station is unavailable. Is there somewhere I need to activate it?

I think you're supposed to get >150 channels, but not all.
Try refreshing your radio. You can do it online at https://care.siriusxm.com/retailrefresh_view.action.
You can also call them. The number is in the link.

After re-reading the OM, I realized the 7 levels of adjustment are only for the non-Bose audio systems. Audio Pilot has no adjustment (bummer). Does this feature seem to work for any of you? With the tire noise on these cars, I always need to turn the volume up when at highway speed. I can't tell that AP is doing anytihng to the volume at any speed.

Even with a USB connection, my iPod isn't "found" unless I unplug it and plug it back in every time the car is started. (screwy)
The manual does state that USB devices should be connected several seconds after the car is turned on and not left plugged in.

My infotainment system's been acting up horribly lately. I wasn't experiencing serious problems until just the last few days. Now it's randomly disconnecting my iPod Classic while I'm driving (I'm able to go back to "USB 2" quickly, but it often disconnects again soon after) and the interface somewhat freezes up. Sometimes I cannot change the source, but most often I can, but the screen doesn't update correctly. If I'm listening to XM, it won't update the song information, for instance. PITA. Rather ironic that I traded my 2012 Focus with MyFordTouch several weeks after Ford apparently fixed all of the bugs I had been experiencing just to start over with the 2014 Mazda3's system.

Back