Infotainment System Bugs

Sounds like we need another Ctrl-Alt-Del solution other then the ON/OFF button (lol2)
Someone needs to figure out how to wire a hard switch in the power feed for the infotainment system. That's one mod I'll do if Mazda can't come out with a stable update. Though I haven't had a single issue since I got my firmware updated to the latest version.

Someone needs to figure out how to wire a hard switch in the power feed for the infotainment system. That's one mod I'll do if Mazda can't come out with a stable update. Though I haven't had a single issue since I got my firmware updated to the latest version.

What is the latest version - I have OS Version 20.00.007

You have the latest.
Mazda called me to get my car in and updated to that version. They setup the appointment, paid for my gas and a car wash, and gave me a $100 gift card since none of their cars were supposed to ship with the version I got. It was really unstable crashed every third time I drove the car. I doubt there is a newer version as they wouldn't have gone through all that to update my car if it wasn't to the latest version.

My car is in for service right now for the clock. Mazda has at least acknowledged the problem, and it sounds like it affects all units - at least in this time zone.
GPS sync does not work and there is no way to tell the clock if it is Daylight Savings Time or Standard Time. As a result, the clock is off half the year. Minor nuisance, but so obvious I can't believe they didn't catch this bug. The Mazda engineers have asked me to let the dealership keep the car for a day or two. Sounds like I'm going to be the guinea pig for a solution.

Yeah I had to manually change the time yesterday but it reverted back to the old time after a few minutes of driving. Adjusted it again and seems to be steady for now. I just noticed my favorites got wiped out too lol

Yeah the favorites thing has happened to me several times now. Note it's only the radio and communication favorites, NOT the navigation favorites.

I was wondering how to adjust as it didn't get the proper daylight saving :)

I was wondering how to adjust as it didn't get the proper daylight saving :)
That's one of the problems. The clock "GPS syncs" to the wrong time zone. When you manually select the correct time zone, there is no menu choice to compensate for daylight savings time, and the clock doesn't do it auotmatically. Hopefully I'll get my car back today. Since the Mazda engineers didn't have a solution yesterday, I'm skeptical they will have come up with an update to fix it ... yet.

Here's an odd bug. I hit the mph/kph button to show the kids. Then I switched it back. All is well. But now, when I turn the car off and it displays the fuel economy for that trip, it's still on the metric system. But when I'm driving and display the fuel economy, it's in miles as it should be. I think we're all experiencing the "new model" field testing phase.

I hope Mazda is reading this and taking notes for the next update.

Got my car back yesterday afternoon. As expected - no fix. They used my car with Mazda engineering to create a TSB. The infotainment screen is missing choices that are supposed to be there. Also, cars are GPS syncing to the wrong location, but not the same location. Does anyone have a choice to select/deselect daylight savings time? I think this bug is universal. Now that DST is over for this year, it doesn't create a problem (until March 9th). Hopefully Mazda will create an update that addresses some of the other issues we are facing as well. They could not give me an ETA for a fix.

This morning I set the Nav. to go to my destination. Also had phone plugged into usb. Turned car off to go do someting, came back and turned the car on. went to nav and it said I didn't have navigation installed. unplugged phone, turned car off, turned on, still nothing. I didn't have time to wait 10 minutes, so I just went without it working. This afternoon, turned it back on and Navigation is back.
Moral of story: Don't leave usb stuff plugged in when turning off the car!

They may be blowing smoke, but Mazda sent me a nice reply about some concerns I mentioned with the NAV/Clock/Audio/ADD electronics.
Basically they said much of the technology and/or software is new. They are taking feedback from owners to compile a list of fixes and upgrades.
If you want to get some fixes, I recommend you contact them via the FB page, as well call and/or email the Customer Experience Center . They sound interested in fixing as many issues as possible. I recommended:
ADD stay down when off
Clock GPS Sync and daylight savings time
Favorites lost
NAV and BT audio lock-up or lost
Easy ON/OFF for all infotainment features - audio, nav, display.

I'm sure there are many more but I don't use a phone with my car much so you who have texting and other bugs, here's your chance. If they hear from enough of us, I think it improves our chances of getting action.

2014 Mazda 3 Infotainment issues:

*When I start the car I notice the infotainment Mazda logo stays on screen for an extended amount of time (40sec to a 1min). This has happen twice over the last two weeks.
*The infotainment system reboot itself while I was using the navigation system.
*The infotainment system locked up on the warning menu. I had to turn the car off at a red light, then start it up for the system to work.
*The infotainment response time to a command (pressed button) will lag from time to time. I have had to select an option twice or three times to get a response.

Last edited:
I just got mine yesterday and am extremely disappointed that text and messaging do not work with an IPhone. I checked and it appears email does not work with any phone and text works with a couple. This was a major factor for me in choosing this car. Every dealer told me that it will read my text and email.

Replying to TerryFrench: I have the same issue, mine only go to the letter H. It appears that it is picking up a lot of my suggested names from my exchange sync and not my real contacts. I read it only holds 1,000 contacts. If i could eliminate suggested contacts, I may be OK

I'm surprised this text reading thing is such a big factor in choosing a car. I don't use it tho so I don't know lol

Replying to TerryFrench: I have the same issue, mine only go to the letter H. It appears that it is picking up a lot of my suggested names from my exchange sync and not my real contacts. I read it only holds 1,000 contacts. If i could eliminate suggested contacts, I may be OK

Any of them will do that, that's an Exhange ActiveSync issue, the server pulls down all of your mailbox's local contacts folders, including "suggested contacts." Most EAS clients don't offer an option to specify which contacts folders are synced.

Anyone else having problems with the Mazda Toolbox application connecting? I can't even log in to their website with the username/password I created last week before they appeared to redesign their web page.

Wow. I am one the people waiting on the new improved infotainment system in the 2015 CX-5. It is supposed to be what you all have. Maybe you don't have the CX-5/Mazda 6 USB-iPod issues, but it sounds like you have a whole lot of other issues.

Too damn bad the cars drive so nicely, because either we go Mazda and give up today's infotainment standard or get today's infotainment standard and give up zoom-zoom.

Back