Infotainment System Bugs

I am making a list of bugs that people have come across and going to send it to Mazda.

What bugs have you folks run into? Also, what version OS is installed? Mine is v20.00.007

I should have the same version, but I'll go grab it when i get off of work.

Bug: Periodically the system will "forget" all radio and contact favorites. Not navigation favorites for some weird reason.

Bug: System has trouble resuming some USB sticks filled with MP3s. May be due to the MP3 formatting (I've noticed the system is picky) or I might just have too many on there.

Note: The system prefers CBR, ISO-compliant MP3s at standard bit rates. I've noticed running MP3Gain on Mp3s prior to putting them in the car will make the car seriously dislike many of them, possibly due to clipping or too high a DB level, or perhaps MP3Gain is just mutating the frames enough for the infotainment system to not be able to handle it.

I've already sent these to Mazda FYI.

Can we get a sticky?

Same version. So far so good (2 days only). I tried pandora, playing radio, podcast and music from an iPhone 5 through BT. No issues with that. FM/AM/HD work. I still need to register the XM/sirius radio.
I did try a bunch of CDs for fun, and I noticed that it did not see all tracks on a CD (home compilation, audio-CD format), and saw nothing of another one that is burned to 80 minutes. That's common so not an issue IMO: computers will see all, but car CD players are often stumped by the "too high" capacity. In any case, I don't plan to use CDs.
I've yet to try USB stick with MP3 on them. Finding the right size/performance might be interesting, so please put your model/size. I suspect that a 64GB stick might take a while to read/index for instance.

Adding a bug: I've many (hundreds likely) contacts on my iPhone 5 (iOS 7.0x) as I use it for work.
When trying to add contacts to the favorites contacts, as well as when trying to call someone, the list only goes to the letter M. No matter if I pick sort order by first,last or last,first, I can scroll down to M, after that, the letters are not bright as if empty and there is no way to get there.
That's a real pain as I do not see a way top create contacts in the car itself. One can edit details but not create a contact it seems. (I've yet to read the manual, I only poked around in every menu I could find).
So there might be a number of contacts limit the car can access through Bluetooth, or an incompatibility with iPhones. I'd need to try with an android device.

I actually just got my car last week, and my music / SD card have been almost 60/40 percent of working and not working...it would say invalid SD card..and my ipod would not play...it'll work if i restart the car ...that is such a hassel..

The only issue that I have had so far is some skipping when playing music through my Galaxy SIII with the Bluetooth. Sometimes it will skip every 20 seconds or so, sometimes it doesn't skip at all. The skip is very quick, but it's enough to make me want it to be fixed. Hopefully it's something they correct with a software update.

5th gen ipod classic....plays the first few seconds of a song then it stops and kinda freezes.

Tried playing music today from HTC One X (Android 4.1.1, BT 4.0) thru BT.
No problem at all. Played at least 10 songs today.

I don't know the version of my OS (yet), but I've run into the clock time being off. Dealer confirmed similar problem on another.
If clock is set to 'GPS Sync', it is off one hour ahead. It sets the time zone to Phoenix, AZ even though I live on the west coast. When I manually set the clock to Pacific Time, the time was correct. Then yesterday the clock was reading an hour too early (opposite problem of GPS Sync). Tried the GPS Sync again but still put the time an hour ahead. Now my clock is set to Mountain Time to get the correct time. No idea what time or time zone it will think I'm in today...

I had the same problem until I put the map SD card into the system.
Mine is in. I even tried removing it (power off), turning on the car, turn it back off and reinstall the SD. I was hoping it might "reboot" or something, but no joy / same problem.

4 reboots of the info system while driving yesterday (2 trips). The common point between these were:
- streaming a podcast through BT from an iPhone 5 with the latest iOS 7.03 (so super freshly updated), while at the same time staying on the i-Eloop app.
I suspect that the app doesn't do great for a long period of time, as I would imagine that streaming would be well tested by itself.
If anyone knows where to file bugs to Mazda can know about it, please let me know. I wonder if they have a way/chance to get some error logs when connected to wifi for instance (that'd be cool)

Could it be a bug between iPhone5 and the infosystem of Mazda? Handshaking issue, I mean.
I don't have any issue with Android BT at all. Played it many times already.

Looking at Apples support and elsewhere a large amount of people are having issues with iOS7 and bluetooth connection to a variety of vehicle manufacturer's systems... erasing the connection completely and re-pairing the phone after having updated iOS is solving the issues for some of them apparently.

Even with a USB connection, my iPod isn't "found" unless I unplug it and plug it back in every time the car is started. (screwy)

Mine lost all of my favorites. I went to use them Friday and the list was empty. I had a bunch of XM and FM stations in there. I hope it doesn't do that again.

Today's bug: I started the car and the infotainment screen did not turn on. Nothing could get it on. I turned the car off, waited 30 seconds, turned it on again and it started, very dimmed (as if the lights were on) with the Mazda logo, then rebooted itself another time it seems (black screen then Mazda logo of boot again). It worked well after that.

In case anyone still has one, I tried a Zune HD through USB. Things did not work, but it seems that there was an attempt to download super slowly the info from the Zune.

Mine literally froze while I was driving today. Was trying to switch songs then it went back to the main menu where I couldn't do anything but scroll through the icons

I just bought my s GT last week.
This morning my iPod would play for 4-5 minutes then it would jump to a FM radio station, kept having to re-select the USB1/Apple all morning.
I stopped and turned the car off then on, unplug the iPod but it would either not see the iPod or it would jump back to radio after listening to the iPod for few minutes.
Is this a Mazda3 2014 bug? are they aware of this?
Any help?

Back