Mazda5 Reserve brake hose assembly leaking

Mork

:
Mazda 5 Furano 2006
Recently discovered that the top connector has started leaking (the seal inside has split) and brake fluid is running down the pipe and after a few days all of the fluid has gone from the reservoir. Phoned my local Mazda dealer to hear they wanted 49 + VAT for a new one!!! It's two quick-fit connectors and a piece of formed plastic hose!! Now, I work in the automotive industry and know roughly how much something like this should cost, and I also know that OEM's have huge marked up prices, but even this shocked me.

Does anyone have a spare one, or know where I can get Mazda spares from other than a dealer?

I'm based in the UK.

Red arrow shows the connector that's leaking

Last edited:
Wondering... is there any type of sealant (ie. gasket maker) that could be used to make a seal? Also, is the seal inside the end of the hose or is it on the connector on the reservoir. Mine is so loose it appears to have no seal at all!

Recently discovered that the top connector has started leaking (the seal inside has split) and brake fluid is running down the pipe and after a few days all of the fluid has gone from the reservoir.

Is your 5 a manual transmission? I'm guessing that line feeds fluid to the clutch master cylinder? The end connectors look to be common among other fuel and emission components on Ford and Mazda. I'm thinking you can possibly just replace the o-ring inside the connector. I did that on my 5 for the vacuum line that feeds off the throttle body. Another option may be to get just the ends and run new hose between them. Also check around for any wrecked models you can buy a part off of.

That would be the line to the clutch master cylinder. Likely the best option is to nose around a wreckers and see if there's anything available.

Latest posts

Back