Active driving display question

:
2017 CX-5 GT w/ Premium Pkg.
I have a question about the heads up display. By default brightness is set to auto. Is it suppose to get dimmer if the sun is behind you? I noticed when I'm driving with the sun either in front or on the side of me the display is brighter but when the sun is behind me the display dims making it a bit harder to see. Is that normal?

Havent experienced that at all. I believe the brightness in auto is to lower brightness when the headlights turn on.

Hmm not sure if the tint place messed up anything while doing the windshield yesterday, I asked them to cover up the display too. Oh well I'll see what happens.

Nevermind, it's normal. It is suppose to get brighter when sun is in front of you or bright in front of you and dim when you're in the shade or something. I guess I just noticed it now lol

The active driving display consists of a display device which produces the display content and emits the content over a light beam, a reflector which reflects the light beam emitted from the display device, a combiner which reflects the light beam from the reflection and displays the screen, a motor which opens/closes the combiner, and a photo sensor which detects the brightness surrounding the display device.

http://am.mazdaserviceinfo.com/emaz...azda3/n3/books/n3w09/html/id092200037300.html

On my wish list is that Mazda would leave the screen down when the display is turned off. It seems stupid to have it up in your line of sight when nothing is displayed. I like the ADD, but my wife hates it. She is also smaller so it sits more in her line of sight. Seems like it should be an easy change.

On my wish list is that Mazda would leave the screen down when the display is turned off. It seems stupid to have it up in your line of sight when nothing is displayed. I like the ADD, but my wife hates it. She is also smaller so it sits more in her line of sight. Seems like it should be an easy change.

Did they remove the option to close the ADD? I was one of the unlucky ones to get the old firmware where it was still called a HUD. There was an option to close it. I didn't check to see if was still there after getting my update.

Yep. The screen stays up any time the car is on even if the display is off. No way to change it.

Maybe that was their fix for the bug I was seeing where 20% of the time the HUD wouldn't even open when I started the car. Only way to get it to open was the turn the car off and on again.

Back