Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loose CX-5 Spoiler Inserts

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Today, I have looked at my rear spoiler(I remember, somebody pointed out a couple of days ago, about this noise coming from the back, but I can't find that thread), because I was hearing some weird noises coming from the rear.
    I have removed the two rubber plugs, behind the spoiler and to my surprise, on the left side, the nut it was gone, I couldn't find it and on the right it was loose, I could turn it with my fingers.
    I would suggest to everybody, to look at your spoilers.

Registered Member

2016 CX5 GS

Quote Originally Posted by tibimakai View Post
    Today, I have looked at my rear spoiler(I remember, somebody pointed out a couple of days ago, about this noise coming from the back, but I can't find that thread), because I was hearing some weird noises coming from the rear.
    I have removed the two rubber plugs, behind the spoiler and to my surprise, on the left side, the nut it was gone, I couldn't find it and on the right it was loose, I could turn it with my fingers.
    I would suggest to everybody, to look at your spoilers.
    This!!!! I've had this rattling noise for a while in my 2016 CX5 GS. I took it to the dealer twice. First they thought it was the cargo cover, nop. Then they thought it was license plate and cover, so they zipped tied the bottom holes, but nop. Then they thought it was my back light assembly, so they put some foam to secure it, nop. Then last night, I was reading this thread and removed the rubber plugs (easily removable with fingers). And the left side was loose, so I tightened that. The right side was fine.

So I strongly recommend checking this. It looks like they didn't tighten it out of the factory.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

I'm wondering, where could be that nut? Most likely, my next nosy encounter will be, when that nut gets loose.
    Today, I had another very nosy situation, but this time it was coming from the front.
    When I opened the hood, I have noticed one of the sheet metal screws, sticking out like an inch(!) and most likely hitting the hood, when the rod was very rough.
    I can blame the body shop for this, because they have replaced the headlamp, after a small accident that I had, a while back. Also, another screw it was loose, which holds the headlamp to the fender.
    Screws/bolts are getting loose, it is a good idea to look around and start tightening some of them.
    Last edited by tibimakai; 10-13-2017 at 12:29 PM.

'14.5 CX-5 Touring AWD, Soul Red | '14 CX-5 Touring AWD White

The issue is 2 fold, at least it was for me. Once you open the rear hatch, there are 3 rubber plugs on both top ends and middle. Both of the end nuts that attach the spoiler were loose - one actually fell off.

That was the 1st source of rattle I had.

You can take the plastic panes off as well, but I believe there have been a TSB to deal with this specific issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12