Can someone please Help , Car Problems.

2005Mazda3

:
05 Mazda3 i
i got a 2005 mazda 3 with a 2.0L 5 speed the car runs like complete s*** and the shifting is so stiff and the wheel is stiff the car sat for a year or so. the engine light came on and blinked 7 times the car bucks and jerks anyone have any ideas.. i might take it to the dealer on the weekend...

do you have access to a code reader? if not then most auto parts stores have loaners you can use. get all the codes and let me know

your reader might be bad. i would try one from the auto parts store just to make sure. did you use a fuel stabilizer when you stored it for the year? if not it could be bad gas making it run badly. also would recommend checking your air box and tubing to the throttle body. rodents love to make homes of engines when not being used. check for chewed through wires, battery connections, really just a good over check of everything especially in the engine bay. get the codes asap though, that will really make life easier.

i put a brand new battery in it today and it fired up. its around 1-2k rpm its right spitting n sputtering, my dad put a little of transmission fluid in the oil because he said theres a sticky lifter. i put fuel injecton cleaner in it and octane fuel in it he wants me to drive it for the week to college but im scared it might die on me

the best direction i can send you in right now is to try what i had mentioned above first.
1. get the codes
2. check air box and intake tube for evidence of rodents.
3. check for chewed wires, loose wires or any other evidence of rodents.

those are the easy basic things you can start with. it is sometimes very difficult to diagnose a vehicle just by description.

- you could also have a stuck injector causing a misfire.

- as for the gears tough to move it may be because of temperature if it's cold up in canada right now. also could just be from not moving for a long period of time. same with the steering. might just need to be worked a bit to loosen up.

Back