$250 Walnut

Voda Pas

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 & 2012 Mazda 5
So,

Last week I had to drive down to a buddy's house to pick up my motorcycle trailer that I store there. He lives out in the country and I always (or almost always) miss the turn into his house. So, I was using my CX-5's trusty GPS. I had recently updated it so I wasn't really surprised when it suggested a new route. It sent me down a hilly and curvy country road. It was a lot of fun so I was pretty happy the GPS had picked a new route for me. Then I started up a hill and due to the narrowness of the road I was focused on what might be coming over the next rise. Then out of nowhere I hear a loud "thwack" for lack of a better term. My windshield suddenly resembles an onion (cracked badly see below). I was in shock as there were no cars, houses or people that I could see. I pulled over to inspect the damage and saw from the outside the point of impact was over the city brake sensor housing. I ran my finger over the spot and there was brown gunk. That made me curious so I jogged back up the road. Sure enough, right where the hit had come from there was a tree dropping its walnuts all over the road. Talk about right place wrong time. All I could think is that's one expensive nut! I wouldn't have thought a walnut could do that. But, given the place it hit, I think, explains why so much damage happened. With that sensor housing right behind it the windshield has no real ability to flex. Just my theory though. Safelite is ordering a new windshield through the dealer and hopefully it'll be in this week. So, moral of the story? I guess watch out for falling nuts. LOL.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• win1.jpg
    win1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 351
  • win2.jpg
    win2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 328
  • win3.jpg
    win3.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Lel join the club; it's happened ot quite a few, hell the day I was getting mine replaced, there was another CX-5 also getting it's replaced (and that says a lot since I barely even see Cx-5's in my area).

Yeah, I remembered when it happened that I had seen quite a few posts about CX-5 windshields breaking. I know some windshield designs are more prone to breaking than others. Nothing unique about mine except maybe the source. LOL.

Back