Minor Bug in the Infotainment system (Auto Brightness issue)

Pengaroo

:
2014 Mazda 3 S GT
Anyone else notice that the screen does not dim when brightness is set on auto? It stays locked in Day mode no matter what, hopefully it will be fixed on the next firmware update.

Nope, haven't noticed that at all. Is the rest of your dash dimming? I believe there's a setting in there for brightness, but the 'auto' setting actually hooks it into the dash dimmer, which means you may need to turn that down from "max," where nothing dims at all when you turn on the headlights.

I double check if that fixes it for me, didnt even think of that.

Yep didn't even know where the brightness control was, it fixed it.

Last edited:
Another bug is USB device (phone or other) integration. If you have the USB device (like a phone) as the audio source and turn off the car and disconnect it, you won't be able to switch audio inputs when the car is powered back on unless the device is reconnected. Speaking w/Mazda, they state the source has to be changed prior to device removal, even if the car is powered off. Annoying! Basically - if you have a phone connected via USB, you have to change to another input prior to turning off the car.

I've never had an issue with that, it always switches to FM or XM when I remove the USB device while the car is off. When I swap it it pops up a message about not liking that, but then proceeds to play the new USB device anyway.

I've never had an issue with that, it always switches to FM or XM when I remove the USB device while the car is off. When I swap it it pops up a message about not liking that, but then proceeds to play the new USB device anyway.

Mine does the same. I just have it connect to my phone via Bluetooth, but if I have bluetooth turned off on my phone, when I turn the car on it just goes to FM. It only stops when bluetooth is active, where it takes a minute to connect to the phone. Sometimes during this my music will auto-start, and then stop. Half the time it will start again, the other half I have to manually start it. Not the end of the world, though, by any means.

Autodimming

Was looking around for a fix to this issue as I thought it was yet another issue with my Infotainment system. Will definitely try using the trip reset dial to lower from the max setting that it's currently set to tonight to see if it works. If it does, then I only still have to worry about my Navigation system resetting on vehicle startup and trying to get text messages on the system. I've been to the dealer and they upgraded to OS 59.00.441. I think the problem here is that they didn't "flash" the system. I'm taking my CX-5 back this Friday to have the system flashed properly and hopefully this will take care of the problems I've been having. Other than issues with the Navi/Infotainment system, I really like the vehicle. I'll keep you all posted! Drive safe!

Last edited:
Back