2015 CX-5 Interior Changes

v6lover

I'm looking at purchasing a CX5 late this year/early next year. I am wondering what changes will be made to the interior. Is it safe to say, the interior will resemble the new 3? I would love to have the command dial, 7 inch screen and the heads up display and I'm willing to wait for 2015 if those changes are in store.

I also noticed that the current European model already as the command dial. With the command dial, it seems to reduce the number of cup holders to one. I hope that's not the case.

http://static.autoexpress.co.uk/sit...es/gallery/public/images/car_photo_535273.jpg

Hopefully they'll upgrade the shift knob to one like in the 2014 Mazda3. This picture is off of the Mazda Japan website.

index_pic_01.jpg

I'm looking at purchasing a CX5 late this year/early next year. I am wondering what changes will be made to the interior. Is it safe to say, the interior will resemble the new 3? I would love to have the command dial, 7 inch screen and the heads up display and I'm willing to wait for 2015 if those changes are in store.

And what happens if you wait for the 2015 cars, and they still have exactly the same interior as they do today?

BC.

And what happens if you wait for the 2015 cars, and they still have exactly the same interior as they do today? BC.

Then, Mazda would have lied to everyone when they publicly announced the 2015 CX-5 would have a mildly revised front facia and a revised interior/dash incorporating 2014 Mazda 3 series changes.

Then, Mazda would have lied to everyone when they publicly announced the 2015 CX-5 would have a mildly revised front facia and a revised interior/dash incorporating 2014 Mazda 3 series changes.

That's nice to know if true, but I see no mention of that anywhere in this thread. Regardless nice enhancements, hardly a big deal or interior/dash redesign.

And you're not going to cite your source on that?

And you're not going to cite your source on that?

http://www.autonews.com/article/20130826/OEM04/308269968/mazda6-cx-5-to-get-earlier-updates

I'm sorry. I didn't think it was necessary to give sites to something which has been reported many times by many automotive industry sources. I thought, because this is so widespread, that pretty much everyone on these forums knew about this.

P.S. What none of these sources say is whether the current ipod/usb issues will be cured by the new infotainment. I suppose that if the M3 people don't have the problems the M6/CX-5 people have, then that might be a good reason for some people to wait.

Last edited:

I also noticed that the current European model already as the command dial. With the command dial, it seems to reduce the number of cup holders to one. I hope that's not the case.

http://static.autoexpress.co.uk/sit...es/gallery/public/images/car_photo_535273.jpg

Americans and freaking cup holders... This is why we can't have good things. FYI, the door panel with its door pockets also act as cup/bottle holders.

Like I said in the other thread. Major change is the infotainment system. Aha by Harmon, like the one in the new Mazda3. It is without a doubt a great system that is has as many features as BMW's latest iDrive, Chysler uConnect, etc, all being easier to use and quicker to respond. Also "future proof" as they have upgradable firmware.

Last edited:
. FYI, the door panel with its door pockets also act as cup/bottle holders.
You've got to be kidding! What kind of cup or bottle would fit in these totally useless cubbies? And what, BTW, were Mazda's interior designers thinking when they designed these panels?!

You've got to be kidding! What kind of cup or bottle would fit in these totally useless cubbies? And what, BTW, were Mazda's interior designers thinking when they designed these panels?!

Most every bottle of water I buy fits in those... You carrying along the 40oz big slurps? :D

The Picture of the revised CX5 Interior looks like it confined to a slightly blinged up shift surround and lever, with a larger format Nav/infotainment screen. Personally I would have preferred a sliding armrest as in the New 6. The rotary controller for the Media which we get in the UK is fine , but in reality I never use it as the set is Touchscreen anyway. I never quite got the idea that cup holders are an essential part of automotive interior design. Drinking while driving is about as dangerous as using your cell phone without hands free.

The head unit looks like the same one currently in use, but hopefully the functions are fixed.

I'm not sold on the rotary controller. What happens when drinks or crumbs fall down into it? I rarely eat or drink in the car, but occasionally I do, and I think it is fairly common for people to bring coffee in the morning.

Cup holders are not that appealing to us in the UK. You rarely see anyone here drinking out of a styrofoam cup whilst they drive, and if we did, no doubt would get pulled for Driving Without Due Care & Attention. Plus a lot of us here use manual transmission, so a bottle stuck by the gear-shift could be a hinderance.

I did notice when I was in Canada that it was the norm to use Tim Hortons drive through, and loads of drivers swigging coffee whilst on the move. Only good thing about that was Tim Hortons, so much better than Starbucks, and to me is one of Canadas many attractions. Always at the airport when I arrive, get a Timmys, and always a last thing I do when I leave.

The point is, my single cup-holder has never been used as such. The rotary commander I find very useful as by using the touch screen I tend to hit two characters at once (although I have small fingers) so another hole in the centre console to me would be useless. Plus despite my small fingers I can never get anything out of the bottom of the one that is there in any case. Literally a waste of space!

Alex

And what happens if you wait for the 2015 cars, and they still have exactly the same interior as they do today?

BC.

My time frame is around December so if there are major changes and I like them; I can definitely wait until feb/march which I hope they will start selling them then.

Only good thing about that was Tim Hortons, so much better than Starbucks, and to me is one of Canadas many attractions. Always at the airport when I arrive, get a Timmys, and always a last thing I do when I leave. Alex
If this were thirty years ago, I'd say that's because you knew it would be the last decent cuppa you'd have until you left the UK again! However, my wife and I vacationed there last summer and was surprised to find a Costa on just about every corner. Nice to see that progress even comes to England in this era of globalization.

If this were thirty years ago, I'd say that's because you knew it would be the last decent cuppa you'd have until you left the UK again! However, my wife and I vacationed there last summer and was surprised to find a Costa on just about every corner. Nice to see that progress even comes to England in this era of globalization.

I'm not one for taking a subject off topic but looks like I may have, Costa is dreadful and very expensive. Furthermore not in the slightest bit Italian, owned by the Whitbread Brewing Company (beer & hotels)

Alex

I'm not one for taking a subject off topic but looks like I may have, Costa is dreadful and very expensive. Furthermore not in the slightest bit Italian, owned by the Whitbread Brewing Company (beer & hotels)Alex

Anything's better than Nescafe! End of subject.

Back