Roof Rack options for 2014 Mazda3?

Anyone have any further luck with the rack options? I'm looking to add one for the holidays.

mazda3newbe how did the Whispbar work out?

Need more info about the roof rack have install it yeat ? Pic will be aswome .:)

thank you guy good job .

Just saw that Yakima has a new option for roof racks on their site. Too bad they are only the round bar style and $299 :/

Pretty sure there's one with a rack at my dealer. I'll go take a look and snap a pic.

Did you ever see one with roof rack? I need to be able to carry my kayak but would like a roof rack I can take on/off easily.

I was really busy for weeks after I wrote that so I wasn't able to go, sorry. Finally looked 2 days ago and couldn't find the car with the rack anymore. Granted, the dealer was closed so it could have been inside the building.

I've got an old Rola rack from my 2006 Mazda5 that I'm gonna try to mount on my new hatch. It looks like the bars are long enough, and the feet appear to be ok as well. I've just not decided what I'm gonna do about the trim strip, either cut or drill. And there's something of a height difference between the side of the car and the roof, not sure how that's gonna affect the feet.

Yes but we don't get the sunroof (moonroof) but I think that's because we don't get much sun, also you get offered a better safety package to ours.

i currently use this bike rack for my car, and I've test fitted to make sure it'll work on my Mazda 3 when it comes in.
below is how it looks like with the bikes.
Saris Gran Fondo.

saris02.jpg

saris01.JPG

Last edited:
Picked up my new 2014 Mazda3 5 door last week. Exhaustive (and fruitless) aftermarket search for roof rack options led me back to MazdaUSA's website where I found the OEM rack as an accessory for sale for the 2014 Mazda3. Ordered it yesterday from the dealer, picked it up today. The part # is: 0000-8L-MO1B. Cost was $261.00 +tax for the set of rails which attach to the fixed points under the plastic trim. I literally installed them myself in the dealer service reception area before I paid for the package because I wanted to be sure they were an exact fit. Here's the kick: the box was labeled for a CX7. Will mount my bicycle carrier to the bars in the a.m. The rack is rated for 100lbs. I believe. Hope this helps.

Picked up my new 2014 Mazda3 5 door last week. Exhaustive (and fruitless) aftermarket search for roof rack options led me back to MazdaUSA's website where I found the OEM rack as an accessory for sale for the 2014 Mazda3. Ordered it yesterday from the dealer, picked it up today. The part # is: 0000-8L-MO1B. Cost was $261.00 +tax for the set of rails which attach to the fixed points under the plastic trim. I literally installed them myself in the dealer service reception area before I paid for the package because I wanted to be sure they were an exact fit. Here's the kick: the box was labeled for a CX7. Will mount my bicycle carrier to the bars in the a.m. The rack is rated for 100lbs. I believe. Hope this helps.
This is great to know. So, is it just the set of side rails they sell or does it include crossbars ... or are you going to attach your own crossbars? Can you provide a picture of the setup? Thank you!

I'll get a pic up soon- simply pop the black channel covers off each side and two anchor points are revealed on each side. Attach each base (4) with the supplied hex screws insert the cross bars and tighten. The supplied rubber "feet" fit perfectly in the channel so the is no movement at all. The trim will need to be carefully measured and cut, then reattached- likely with some RTV adhesive. The bars are running across the roof line since they mount direct to the car. You can then attach any carrier you like- ill mount a bike carrier which will attach front to back.

Looks like onlinemazdaparts.com has them for $221.00.

Would love to see pics of what yours look like MicaBlue. Thinking of pulling the trigger...

Does anyone also own a CX-7 and/or a CX-5? Could you measure the distance between the front and back mounting points? I'm hoping there's a chance that one of the side rails available for those cars might fit ours. It's a long shot, but who woulda thunk that the CX-7 rack would fit in the first place...

I like this one. What was the cost? Did it say it was specifically for the 2014 model? Is it easily removable? I see there is a lock system. I assume the base part of it remains on the car if you remove the crossbars. I would not want to have to leave the crossbars on all the time - only in the summer when I'm carrying kayaks. Also, I assume no interference with the sunroof? Can you please post the model/serial number? Thanks!

Ditto what Debbadoo said. I want to know the model # and if the bars come off.

I'm a little gun shy on the CX7 rack as two dealers have told me it won't fit. Not doubting MicaBlue, but when the parts guy says don't do it...

Last edited:
Back