Egr removal

Keatonc

:
2001 Mazda Protege MP3
So i looked around a little, and could not find anything. My EGR tube to exhaust is messed up, I cant remove the threaded pipe from the loose nut on the pipe to the connection to the exhaust manifold. Any tips on getting it out? Ive wd-40'd it and torched it. No luck. And I cant remove it to replace it because its stuck on the other side as well.

yeah, front one is loose but it messed up the threads after 10 yrs. i used oil and went back and forth for an hour trying to remove it without destroying the threads to no avail. how the hell do you get the back one off without removing intake? i have removed tb and all the stuff around it and still have no access to get on the nut. it is 25.4mm so some sort of 6pt 26mm wrench or flare nut wrench with offset will be needed or cut tube with something to get 26mm socket on it. have a new tube but need to get the rear fitting loose to replace it. the back nut has never been removed. gonna be a b****.

Bought stuff to cut tube and use 26mm socket to get old tube out but by chance had bought a 3 pack of 6in, 8in & 10in crescent wrenches. The 8in one actually fit where I could get good pull on it enough to break it free and then spun out by hand. Had to remove little L shaped radiator hose to be able to swap out pipe.

Back