Pioneer AVH-P3300Bt install

foxhound1979

:
Mazda 5 GS
Hi guys,

First of all : i am a TOTAL and COMPLETE NOOB in car electronics. So i rather ask here before trying anything !
So i got the Pioneer P3300BT for real cheap on kijiji and i want to get it installed in my 5. I know i need a dashkit to get a perfect fit.

So i found this on ebay : http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2006-2010-Ma...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f14952c40&vxp=mtr

Price seems ok and shipping too. Do i need the extra Harness and Antenna adaptor ? I will need another adaptor to keep the steering wheel controls active but i don't know what to look for..

Like i said, i don't have any knowledge whatsoever of car electronics..so if i'm missing something please let me know !
It will be installed by a profesionnal, i juste want to be ready and have everything on hand for a clean install.

Thanks you all in advance !
Have a great day

I used that exact kit when I installed the Pioneer AVH 3200DVD in my 06. It is EXACTLY what a shop will need to install your new stereo. The antenna adaptor isn't needed but who cares? The steering wheel controls is another story altogether, I bought an adaptor to run the Pioneer through the OE SWC but the wiring instructions were too vague for me to puzzle out in the weekend I had to work with. If you are having a shop do your install let them figure it out, thats what they are being paid for right?

I used that exact kit when I installed the Pioneer AVH 3200DVD in my 06. It is EXACTLY what a shop will need to install your new stereo. The antenna adaptor isn't needed but who cares? The steering wheel controls is another story altogether, I bought an adaptor to run the Pioneer through the OE SWC but the wiring instructions were too vague for me to puzzle out in the weekend I had to work with. If you are having a shop do your install let them figure it out, thats what they are being paid for right?

Thanks a lot Secondtyme !
Need anything else ? Any adaptors or anything seems missing ? Except for the steering wheel control that is

Well if you want to watch movies while in motion (a practice I would never advocate wink wink nudge nudge) you will need a parking brake bypass relay which can be found on E-bay. Any reasonably professional shop will install one of those if you agree to sign a "I promise I will never watch movies while driving" waiver. The other thing this will allow is the addition of addresses to the nav while in motion (which may actually come in handy) On a side note, the SWC control I got is the PAC (Pacific Accessory Corp) SWI-PS. I got mine from Sonicelectronix, but they are all over the interwebz. HTH

Well i ordered the parts today at the local performance shop. 35$ for the Metra kit and 80$ for the SWC module...looking at something like 50-75$ for a clean pro install. Just read some reviews on the unit, and it seems that for the price it's a great buy!
Pics will come when it's installed and working !

Thanks guys !

Back