2014 CX-5 Navigation Installation FYI: GPS Connector Additional Step Required

new here. i have 2014 cx5 without nav. can I add a tom tom to my car?

If you have the touchscreen radio, then I think the answer is yes...costs about $500-600 I think, there is a slot on the lower dash near your left knee for it...

Yes, I did catch the part about plugging the blue connector behind the glove box into the other port. Still "Waiting for a valid GPS signal"

I just installed the factory OPEM Tom Tom Navigation module in my 2014 CX-5 Touring. The first thing is to pop out the cubby hole bin from the left side of the steering wheel, unplug the connectors from the dummy plug in points, connect the connectors to the Tom Tom module and pop in the Tom Tom module.

Unlike the 2013 Tom Tom install instructions, the 2014 install takes an additional step. You must then remove the glove box door, instructions for which are contained in the second set of instructions included with the unit. Once the glove box door is removed, you need to connect the GPS antenna wire by removing the connector from the Bluetooth unit (i.e., blue connector located at the right side of the Bluetooth unit) and plug it into the blue connector slot located a bit further to the right of the Bluetooth unit. The Bluetooth unit is located underneath when looking from inside the glove box opening. I point this out because the instructions that come with the Tom Tom module are poorly written, especially the second set of instructions regarding the need to connect the GPS antenna connector for 2014 models. If you forget to connect the GPS antenna connector, you will get a perennial "searching for GPS signal" from the Tom Tom when you turn it on. This GPS connector second step does not apply to 2013 models as the 2013 models already are connected.

Hello,

We bit the bullet and had the dealer install the TOMTOM accessory on our Mazda CRX5. We are very unhappy that once you put the car into drive no one can set up our destination. My wife always does this in our other car with a Garmin system and we would like to do it here. Is there any way to disable this stupid feature?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Unfortunately this is how all factory units in my Nissan/Infiniti products work as well.

I don't recall anyone posting a method to disable this.

Back