Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Pictures of Your Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

Registered Member

2016 CX-5 Touring

That looks good. How difficult was it to install?

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Hhmmm, not for me, sorry.

2016 Mazda CX-5

I've only got OE accessories on my Dad's CX-5. The accessories currently on it are the rear bumper guard, the stainless non-illuminated sill plates, the alloy dead pedal, all weather mats, rear cargo tray, and remote start. Eventually I'm going to add the alloy brake and accelerator pedals, the Android Auto update, auto dimming mirror, and splash guards.

It's not going to get roof racks as I like the clean look and I don't want to encourage my dad to throw stuff on the roof, he's not exactly the most careful person lol. No tow hitch either, both my outback and my F150 have hitch receivers so no need.

Registered Member

MAZDA CX5 AWD GRAND TOURING MACHINE GREY

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey.Johnson View Post
    That looks good. How difficult was it to install?
    Thank you! Not difficult at all to be honest. Kit utilizes factory mounting points/bolts and 3M tape for the most part. Sides were riveted for durability

Registered Member

Mazda, CX-5 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by CX555GT View Post
    Thank you! Not difficult at all to be honest. Kit utilizes factory mounting points/bolts and 3M tape for the most part. Sides were riveted for durability
    Did you have to remove any of the factory pieces or do the new ones just attach to the existing ones?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by sig-cx5 View Post
    Did you have to remove any of the factory pieces or do the new ones just attach to the existing ones?
    attaches to existing and lowers the ground clearance ~2"
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    Do you plan to lower it at all? Looks great as is, but a 1" drop would be icing on the cake.
    It's lowered on Eibachs for now already.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Ups

Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

'15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

Added tire letters "nitto"

Registered Member

matches your avatar :P

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 White Pearl Sig

Had the front windows done with Llumar CTX25 to match the factory tint. Also had him do Llumar Air80 on the windshield for heat and uv protection. Then I had Xpel ppf installed on the entire hood, front fenders, Mazda emblem on the grill, headlights, front bumper, door cups, and finally the exterior piano black pillars. Added some factory mud flaps. Going to leave the front plate off, I'm going to try some touch-up paint on stainless screws but would like to find something more flush fitting for the two holes where the plate was. Wrestling with the idea of removing the roof rails, some days they look ok and the next I want 'em gone. I'll never carry anything on top, I have a Suburban for big items. The dealer gave me a pair of blanking inserts if I want to yank the rails so it's just a matter of deciding.

Last edited by Mantra 7; 03-27-2019 at 06:25 PM.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Looking good! Our '14 came with front side tinted windows when we bought it in 2016. I wish I knew what brand it is but it has performed great. My wife loves having tinted windows now.

Did you get the paint corrected to remove "dealer-installed swirls" before PPF went on?
    1994 Acura Integra GSR - 368K miles, a few mods
    2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring - 88K miles, the family hauler!

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Mantra 7, I think you can find colour-matched plastic plugs online. Sometimes the dealer's Service Desk can order the part for you (Honda sells OEM painted bumper plugs, for example), but a quick search on eBay didn't yield anything.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 White Pearl Sig

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    Did you get the paint corrected to remove "dealer-installed swirls" before PPF went on?
    Yeah, the guy that did the work is something of a perfectionist. His client base is almost entirely German brands and Tesla. The cars before and after mine were a big AMG Mercedes and a Tesla S. Complete wraps and ceramic application on both to the tune of $9K and $6.1K respectively. Despite being in business for many years, this was the first CX-5 he had ever done. I asked him before hand if he wanted me to go over the car with clay before dropping it off and he asked me not to, said he likes to do ALL the prep work himself. Car has 215 miles on it, so yeah, anything wrong with the paint was a dealer installed "option".

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    Mantra 7, I think you can find colour-matched plastic plugs online. Sometimes the dealer's Service Desk can order the part for you (Honda sells OEM painted bumper plugs, for example), but a quick search on eBay didn't yield anything.
    The ppf guy said the same thing, he's seen white pearl plugs before, they were on either an Audi or BMW, I can't remember which. Just have to keep looking.

Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast