Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

DRL at night, looking mean
BEC608F5-D2C9-4B11-885E-CF0FB6D29430.jpeg

Love this color 💙. Where did you get those exhaust tips?

They're slip-on's with 4.5" outlet. Wasn't sure I would like the 4.5's so I didn't want to cut the originals off yet. It's just clamped on to the original tips. Now that I have seen it and like the look, I will have some welded on. They're diagonal, but would like the angle to be greater so that it flows with the rear.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I added a light in the cargo area. The LED I put in the hatch isn't bright enough.

I used a dome light module I had from a previous vehicle that I had installed a high lumen LED from Superbright.

I like to install things that are reversible and leave little or no trace.

I removed the small panel just above the larger panel used to change the taillights.
I attached the light to an internal cable mount using several nylon cable ties linked together in large loops. The dome light is larger than the hole and is loose enough that I can pull it away and clip the ties if I want to remove it. 20200129_113701.jpg

I really like that it lights the space light a drop light with a big bulb and it doesn't run off the body control module and timeout. Of course this means it might run down the battery if I leave it on but it is a low power light. 20200129_113641.jpg

I have these:
I have followed somebody on this forum, and I'm happy with them. I don't see a need to weld them on. I took a rubber mallet, and I had to hammer them pretty hard. They won't come off easily for sure.
How are they holding up and do you have a picture with them on?

I bought a set of the slip-on tips from Ali Express. I would like to have tack welded them on. I wasn't confident on the slip fit using the interior pieces of spring steel. The manufacturer should have designed in a screw clamp like a radiator hose clamp or something. I ended up using some JB Weld slathered on the contact surfaces of the spring strips and so far, they are still nice and snug. I also used some high temp flat black exhaust paint on the insides to help mask the original tips. Here are pics.

Attachments

• CX 5 Exhaust Tips 1.JPG
    CX 5 Exhaust Tips 1.JPG
    326 KB · Views: 353
  • CX 5 Exhaust Tips 2.JPG
    CX 5 Exhaust Tips 2.JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 341
Rutedown, I like those tips on your CX 5. If I had seen those prior to ordering the slip on ones from AliExpress I would have gone with those instead, even though they are more that 2X the price. I like the clamp on installation method.
You might want to give the interior of the tips a couple of coats of exhaust paint as I did, it masks the original tips well. I just masked off the tips and body panels with some blue painters tape and newspaper to protect against over spray and did them in place.

Rutedown, I like those tips on your CX 5. If I had seen those prior to ordering the slip on ones from AliExpress I would have gone with those instead, even though they are more that 2X the price. I like the clamp on installation method.
You might want to give the interior of the tips a couple of coats of exhaust paint as I did, it masks the original tips well. I just masked off the tips and body panels with some blue painters tape and newspaper to protect against over spray and did them in place.
I like the idea and may do that this weekend. I finished the roof rails and side steps last weekend. Weather has sucked so no pics yet.

Can you send over a link of where you purchased this wrap?

Also, any guide for how to remove the trim?

That's not a wrap it's a metal overlay - so no need to remove the panels to install. Available on eBay and Aliexpress (from China)

Found this after a quick search, but there are many out there, probably cheaper, and for different areas too (like dash and doors): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000522280037.html

Going to get my front and rear bumper guard chromed and then I should be good for a bit. Maybe swap the wheels with 20’s when tires are at 30k

Got the roof rails and side steps installed.

Which rails and side steps you go with? I wasn’t sure if I’d like the side steps, but, they look great!

And I swear you took your picture in our garage. My wife’s white CX-9 is parked right next to my dark blue CX-5.

Back