Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

Has anyone done a chrome delete on a CX5 2017+ Deep Crystal Blue? Just trying to figure how it would look like. I can't find any good example with that color.

Just removed my Yakima ski rack. Fairly new here but haven't seen a picture of a similar set up. Will be installing the windshield fairing next Winter.

FatCat 6 EVO
RidgeLine towers
Corebar 50"

jO6wOT3.jpg

Last edited:
Hood Lift Shocks

Installed hood lift shocks today, the passenger's side went on with absolutely no issue, but, the driver's side was a real pain in the dick.

x6ZUjXS.jpg

frotasticben: What year is your CX-5 and what was the issue on the driver's side? Asking cause I've been meaning to get some struts for the hood on my '14 CX-5. Thx! Bill

Has anyone done a chrome delete on a CX5 2017+ Deep Crystal Blue? Just trying to figure how it would look like. I can't find any good example with that color.

I did all the badges on the back. I plan on doing the chrome hockey stick on the side sometime soon. I'll share a pic when it's finished. What parts were you thinking of blacking out?

I did all the badges on the back. I plan on doing the chrome hockey stick on the side sometime soon. I'll share a pic when it's finished. What parts were you thinking of blacking out?

Basically the same. I also wanted to figure out how the front would look. But it may be overkill. Please do post a pic once your are done.

Today I installed some glossy A, B, and C pillar plastic. Cost about $13 bucks from China. Think it adds a nice touch. I believe this is standard on the GT and above but I have a touring. What do you guys think?
I think this looks great! I prefer the look of the shiny pillars but I do like the function of matte as far as not scratching or leaving finger prints. Now that you've had this for some time, how is it holding up? Does it scratch, smudge, or wear out easily?

It definitely smudges when closing the doors. I'm more aware of not touching them but my girlfriend, not so much. As far as scratching though they still look really good and don't really have any.

Covered the piano black console today. Fits well and looks sharp! I'm debating whether to install the cover around the commander knob as wellthoughts?
20191221-145509.jpg

Covered the piano black console today. Fits well and looks sharp! I'm debating whether to install the cover around the commander knob as wellthoughts?
20191221-145509.jpg
Looks sharp indeed.
I would not do the commander Knob. It would start to look like a girl with too much makeup

Wrapped the piano black pieces in the car. Still have a few more to do, but happy to not have to worry about the pieces getting scratched and showing everything. And need an interior detail after looking at the pics.

mgM5dO5.jpg

8JvMx5c.jpg

TdMlvYm.jpg
Looks awesome!
Where did you get them?

Hmm, yes, I like the wood effect much more than the shiny covers I've seen. Also would like to know where you bought.

Finally got around to posting some pictures of my lighting upgrades...

Looks good, but I'm unsure what you modified. Obviously the front and rear 'fog' lights, but not sure what is factory and what is not in the main f/r clusters (I have a Touring that doesn't have the full LED suite, so I cannot tell).

Also post links where you got them, please.

Back