Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

CHris_top_her very nice upgrade i like it very handy ! just a question what about then you closed the bonnet did u see any uneven area. hmm do u have any pics when the hood bonnet closed down. ?

CHris_top_her very nice upgrade i like it very handy ! just a question what about then you closed the bonnet did u see any uneven area. hmm do u have any pics when the hood bonnet closed down. ?

Actually thereis, it's about 1-2 mm. This is because the bracket for the top of the strut uses the same bolt for the hood arm. The only thing is the bracket that came with the one I ordered is stepped. They probably did this so it could connect to one bolt instead of both, and minimize the extra height added to the hood. The aliexpress one is flat and uses both bolts. I think I would rather have the flat one, with a bracket for the rear bolt as well.. It'll raise I don't really like how it looks up close from under. It will probably add about 1 mm more over this one. I'm gonna try to get them to send me a different bracket, or send me the bracket for the lower mounting point, as it is the same thickness and I can use it to even out that second bolt. Then I can compare whether I'm ok with another 1 mm or so rise, or the slight angle from using one bolt. If not, whatever the hood is secure either way (and it doesn't shake anymore under wind) and I still like it. From what I read around for strut kits for different vehicles, a gap appears depending on the car, or I may just need to do some adjusting of the brackets/ strut position to level it out.

This is the Ali express one. The bracket covers both bolts.

Last edited:
heres my current mods:
CS intake
CS exhaust with custom titanium tips
H&R lowering springs
LED DRL's
Xenon headlamps
Painted emblems, grill, steering wheel emblem, calipers and wheels
Window tint

What color plastic dip is on your wheels? They look great! Looking to do my GT wheels.. Thanks in advance..

My Complete upgrade list so far:
Good Year Nordic Winter Tires
Touren TR3 wheel in Black w/ Machined Face
I dropped the wheel size to 17s from 19s. 225/65/17

Front Windows tinted to 45%.

Compustar Remote Car Starter 9000 2 Way.

2013-12-19 12.50.23.jpg
attachment.php

Congratulations on NOT going with all black wheels! The polished faces look terrific.

Last edited:
CaptainFurious - Nice wheels, the black inner spokes and barrels really make the machined faces pop.

Pics of my submod recently (2days after dealer drive off)

58465404.img00000110hdr.jpg

LED DRL and LED Signals

58465402.img00000109hdr.jpg

carbon fiber decal on roof

58465485.img00000101hdr.jpg

material close-up

58465482.img00000098hdr.jpg

fender line

58465483.img00000099hdr.jpg

bottom

58465484.img00000100hdr.jpg

Final look (3000k HID fog light, stock HID headlight)

58465614.wechatimage80.jpg

Last edited:
My Complete upgrade list so far:
Good Year Nordic Winter Tires
Touren TR3 wheel in Black w/ Machined Face
I dropped the wheel size to 17s from 19s. 225/65/17

Front Windows tinted to 45%.

Compustar Remote Car Starter 9000 2 Way.

View attachment 205707
attachment.php

Very nice!! Those rims are awesome. THey look much bigger than 17.
Almost looks like you are in my neighborhood but I don't think I've seen your car around. I'm in Transcona.
Can you please tell me where you had your tint and command start installed and for how much? I sent a few requests(dedicated online quote request forms) about front window tinting and have never gotten a reply. If a company can't even answer their own dedicated quote request I'm not too keen on their customer service.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Very nice!! Those rims are awesome. THey look much bigger than 17.
Almost looks like you are in my neighborhood but I don't think I've seen your car around. I'm in Transcona.
Can you please tell me where you had your tint and command start installed and for how much? I sent a few requests(dedicated online quote request forms) about front window tinting and have never gotten a reply. If a company can't even answer their own dedicated quote request I'm not too keen on their customer service.
Thanks.

The picture was taken in Riverbend. I live in NK.

Windows tinted at Ziebarts on McPhillips, I think it was $90.
Compustar Remote Car starter was installed by Advance Electronics, it was $700 including taxes.
The rims & tires are from Canadian Tire, rims were $125 each, Good Year Winter Nordics were $135 each.

I'm really happy with the rims, they look great and for $125 you can't beat the price. One complaint is that the spokes or the rim bend out farther than the rubber so if I clip a curb they will take the hit and not the rubber. But they are my winter tires.

The picture was taken in Riverbend. I live in NK.

Windows tinted at Ziebarts on McPhillips, I think it was $90.
Compustar Remote Car starter was installed by Advance Electronics, it was $700 including taxes.
The rims & tires are from Canadian Tire, rims were $125 each, Good Year Winter Nordics were $135 each.

I'm really happy with the rims, they look great and for $125 you can't beat the price. One complaint is that the spokes or the rim bend out farther than the rubber so if I clip a curb they will take the hit and not the rubber. But they are my winter tires.

Awesome. Thanks a lot. $90 is pretty good for the tint. Can't believe those rims are from CT.

Awesome. Thanks a lot. $90 is pretty good for the tint. Can't believe those rims are from CT.

CT have a few good rims at a responable price.

$700 for the start was decent to. It was the same price as the Mazda dealers but a far better range. Dealers was only 100M/300Ft vs the Compustar which is 1.6Km/1mile. Also Advance offers a life time warranty on the install.

CT have a few good rims at a responable price.

$700 for the start was decent to. It was the same price as the Mazda dealers but a far better range. Dealers was only 100M/300Ft vs the Compustar which is 1.6Km/1mile. Also Advance offers a life time warranty on the install.

Do you have to give up a fob for the remote start and do do still need the Mazda fob to start the car or the Compustar fob replace the Mazda fob?

Do you have to give up a fob for the remote start and do do still need the Mazda fob to start the car or the Compustar fob replace the Mazda fob?

Yes I had to give up a Mazda fob and you still need the Mazda fob to drive it. If you start the car with the Remote Starter and don't have the Mazda Fob with you, as soon as you press on the brake the car shuts off. If you are ever in an emergency you can pull the fob from the remote starter unit and use it to start the car. They pull the battery (and key) from it so you have to press the Mazda fob against your start button to get it to start.

Back