Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Factory Remote Starter - Install and Program

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Touring /W Tech

Damn... I was hoping you could get in and then maybe just press the bush button start once or twice and you could drive away as normal..... ::sigh:: thanks for the reply

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD, Liquid Silver

Quote Originally Posted by FelipeC View Post
    Damn... I was hoping you could get in and then maybe just press the bush button start once or twice and you could drive away as normal..... ::sigh:: thanks for the reply
    Nope...I tried every combo I could think of, but no luck.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GS AWD

Quote Originally Posted by csayers View Post
    That's correct, GS and GT models in Canada have immobilizer, so no need for hood switch. As to the other fellow, I bought on Amazon the starter but bought the Install kit at dealer. Yes I paid tax and import fees. As it turns out It would have been same price at my dealer. Check your dealer First.!! No need to do the step with photo of wires, That is under hood.
    Just wondering how much did you paid for the install kit at the dealer?

Registered Member

2016 GS CX5 Soul Red

Quote Originally Posted by tdman View Post
    Just wondering how much did you paid for the install kit at the dealer?

Hi, I think it was $74 or 75 before tax. which is about the same as importing from the US

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 2.0 AT 2013

...great job!

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GS AWD

Just installed my RS last night all working perfectly, thanks to TreyP, the installation went smooth and fast, only took me couple tries to program it. I did get the newer part# C930-V7-620A, nothing new compare to the older part#. Couple things I notice and it could have been better are:

- Press and hold the start button to start the car instead of F + Start to start the car, I think it would work much better to just need to press one button.
    - The warm up time cannot be adjust other than 10 and 30 min. From the manual, they like you to conserve fuel and protect the environment and yet does not allow option to warm up the car to a more flexible time.
    Last edited by tdman; 11-20-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5

Ok, so after studying your directions and the provided directions, I only have one question about the installation......

Where exactly is the temperature sensor located?
    Pic.JPG

Registered Member

Mazda 2014 CX-5

Wow.. great detail, thanks for taking the time. I want to get one, however my wife is a looooong way from the car at work where she has to park. was hoping to find a smartstart or similar with smartphone activation. Any idea if it has any accessory inputs to be triggered by a 3rd party system ? thanks again

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by fletch97 View Post
    Ok, so after studying your directions and the provided directions, I only have one question about the installation......

Where exactly is the temperature sensor located?
    Pic.JPG
    The temp sensor plugs into the wiring bundle that connects the main remote starter unit to the car up above and behind the glove box.

This picture shows where it plugs into that wiring bundle.

Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks for you help!

I installed as directed and programming was correct.

However, I get an error on the factory remote starter for "H" - saying the hood is opened, but it's definitely closed.

Anyone have this problem? Is it related to bad wiring on my part? Any suggestion to fix this would be great.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by master3don View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for you help!

I installed as directed and programming was correct.

However, I get an error on the factory remote starter for "H" - saying the hood is opened, but it's definitely closed.

Anyone have this problem? Is it related to bad wiring on my part? Any suggestion to fix this would be great.
    It sounds like the white or black wire from the hood switch is not connected properly. Refer closely to the wiring part of this post, and also cross reference with the factory instructions to be sure you are using the right connection for your fuse panel (Type 'A' or Type 'B')

Registered Member

hm.. I did not perform this step at all since I thought my CX-5 came with an alarm system.

But Nope - I need the hood switch afterall.

Thanks!
    Last edited by master3don; 01-21-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Registered Member

'14 Sky Blue CX-5 GT w/ Tech

Thank you for the extensive "how to." I'll be (hopefully) taking advantage of it this weekend. I ordered the three required parts (rs module, install kit/harness, hood switch) from "mazdagear.com" this morning, and it should show up in 2 days. I've never ordered from them before, but they appear to be legit.

Take care
    Gary

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by garyd9 View Post
    Thank you for the extensive "how to." I'll be (hopefully) taking advantage of it this weekend. I ordered the three required parts (rs module, install kit/harness, hood switch) from "mazdagear.com" this morning, and it should show up in 2 days. I've never ordered from them before, but they appear to be legit.

Take care
    Gary
    I also ordered mine from mazdagear.com, they are definitely legit. Good prices and fast shipping.

Good luck on the project, and feel free to ask any questions.

Registered Member

'14 Sky Blue CX-5 GT w/ Tech

Quote Originally Posted by TreyP View Post
    I was going to do this, but just a small amount of testing showed me that even if the car didn't stop when the door was opened, it would still stop when the brake was applied. Following this logic, I figured even if I disabled both of those, the car would still stop after 15 minutes because the car would still think it was in 'remote' mode.
    Does your car have push button start? If so, what happens if you get in the car (that hasn't been started), close the door, use the remote start to start the car, and then push the start button (on dashboard) without the brake?

It's a long shot... but if that works, it might be possible to bypass the door open issue.

thanks
    Gary
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast