Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Factory Remote Starter - Install and Program

'14.5 CX-5 Touring AWD, Soul Red | '14 CX-5 Touring AWD White

Quote Originally Posted by TreyP View Post
    After a search on this, I would say that the "A" at the end indicates that it is for automatic transmissions only.
    I doubt it.... because as far as I know, Mazda does not produce remote start for MT CX-5.

They did produce a new module, that's for sure, but what has been changed is unknown.

Registered Member

2014 Mazda CX-5 GS AWD

I really can not understand why this remote starter needs "temp sensor" ?

Dealer told me it needs 700CAD+tax include installing. If I buy it from ebay or mazdagear, it maybe cost me 520USD+7% duty +14.5% tax.

I don't know which way I can choose....

I have 2014 CX-5 GS and I am in Montreal.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD, Liquid Silver

Quote Originally Posted by yym789 View Post
    If it is below 41*F, the rear defroster (and heated mirrors if equipped) will turn on automatically with the remote starter. Its actually a very nice feature. You also have the option to turn on these items manually regardless of the temp.

One thing to note, which took me awhile to figure out, is that when the rear defrost in engaged via either of the above methods the rear defrost indicator light in the car will NOT be on. I figured this out by feeling the mirrors and could tell they were warming up. I later researched online and found out about the light not coming on being normal.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GS AWD

Dealer told me it needs 700CAD+tax include installing. If I buy it from ebay or mazdagear, it maybe cost me 520USD+7% duty +14.5% tax.

I don't know which way I can choose....

I have 2014 CX-5 GS and I am in Montreal.
    I ordered my in the US and have them ship to the border so I can drive over and pick them up and don't have to declare anything to save me the tax. In your case it still cheaper to order the unit in the US because it would cost you $800 at the dealer in Canada and about $630 order from the US factor in the exchange rate and all the tax at $520USD, almost $200 saving but you would have to install it yourself which TreyP did a great step by step instructions.

If you could go over the border to pickup the unit I find this place is cheapest http://onlinemazdaparts.com and if you want them to ship to your door this place has good price http://www.parkmazdaoemparts.com compare to mazdagear.

Registered Member

2016 GS CX5 Soul Red

hi, TreyP, my 2014 Mazda CX-5 GS come with a factory installed Alarm System and can you show me which step I can start to install this OEM remote start kit? From there "I removed both of these connectors to make my life easier, but I only used the connector with a lot of wires, not the one with only three (or more, depending on your fuse panel model) wires.
    *** NOTE: This will vary depending on which model of CX-5 you have. The factory instruction clarify this, so please reference them as needed." is right? thanks
    Just installed mine today, For Canadians, with GS or GT don't need hood switch and you can start inside the vehicle, Only underhood work is to remove the negative battery cable.

The registration took me about 30 tries. Holy Hell it is finicky. It matters how you hold the fobs to the start button. Also when you are ready to test the remote starter, Make sure there are no key fobs in the car and hood and all doors are shut.

One trick during registration is if it fails, open the drivers door to end the process and close the door and start registration from the start again.

Registered Member

One trick during registration is if it fails, open the drivers door to end the process and close the door and start registration from the start again.
    Thanks for that info. This may be exclusive to the GS/GT models though. On my Touring I just started at step one when the registration process failed by pressing the registration button once, then press it again while the LCD display is shown, and hold it until it beeps and carrying on from there.

Anyone having trouble (which is pretty much everyone, including me) should try both of these methods to see which works best for them.

Registered Member

2014 Mazda CX-5 GS AWD

Quote Originally Posted by csayers View Post
    Just installed mine today, For Canadians, with GS or GT don't need hood switch and you can start inside the vehicle, Only underhood work is to remove the negative battery cable.

The registration took me about 30 tries. Holy Hell it is finicky. It matters how you hold the fobs to the start button. Also when you are ready to test the remote starter, Make sure there are no key fobs in the car and hood and all doors are shut.

I have 2014 CX-5 GS and do i need to this step as this pic shows to connect wires? can you tell me where did you buy it and did you pay duty and tax ?

Registered Member

As my original post states, if you have the factory alarm you do not need to install the hood switch. Do all GS/GT models have the factory alarm? I'm just trying to clarify so that I can modify the original information if needed.

Thanks
    -Trey

'14.5 CX-5 Touring AWD, Soul Red | '14 CX-5 Touring AWD White

I was able to complete the install. For me the programming part took the longest.

- I had to press the start button with the key fobs, not my finger, to get it going.
    - I had to be within 4 seconds between fobs/press buttons to be able to finish programming.

Again, thanks very much to TreyP for help.

Registered Member

2016 GS CX5 Soul Red

Quote Originally Posted by TreyP View Post
    As my original post states, if you have the factory alarm you do not need to install the hood switch. Do all GS/GT models have the factory alarm? I'm just trying to clarify so that I can modify the original information if needed.

Thanks
    -Trey
    That's correct, GS and GT models in Canada have immobilizer, so no need for hood switch. As to the other fellow, I bought on Amazon the starter but bought the Install kit at dealer. Yes I paid tax and import fees. As it turns out It would have been same price at my dealer. Check your dealer First.!! No need to do the step with photo of wires, That is under hood.

Registered Member

2014 Mazda CX-5 GS AWD

That's correct, GS and GT models in Canada have immobilizer, so no need for hood switch. As to the other fellow, I bought on Amazon the starter but bought the Install kit at dealer. Yes I paid tax and import fees. As it turns out It would have been same price at my dealer. Check your dealer First.!! No need to do the step with photo of wires, That is under hood.
    If I don't do it under the hood, How to connect the ECU and the wiring with my car ? I just bought it from ebay, it is on the road.

Registered Member

2016 GS CX5 Soul Red

If I don't do it under the hood, How to connect the ECU and the wiring with my car ? I just bought it from ebay, it is on the road.
    Follow the directions in the original Post. I am getting the feeling from your questions that maybe you should not attempt to install this yourself.

The instruction in the kit and the post here are pretty easy to follow. The programming however is frustrating.

Registered Member

2014 Mazda CX-5 GS AWD

Today, I received my remote starter and I installed it and did the programming within 30 mins. Thanks OP.

For ground wire, I found the easiest way as PIC shows since the front and the rear metal are connected. I also did not remove the negative battery cable.

QQ图片20131030205802.jpg

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Touring /W Tech

I was wondering if you had any luck disabling the door sensors so that the car can remain on after opening the doors?

I know this may sound kind of crazy, but I really do absolutely HATE that it does this. I even went as far to take it to a Viper and a Python install shop. Viper shop said there is nothing they can do and their system would do the same thing. The Python dealer tried to install their Smart Start system ( allowed me to lock, unlock, pop the trunk, and turn on the car as long as both me and my car have cell coverage.) He was able to get everything else to work except the remote start.... This is extremely frustrating for me.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by FelipeC View Post
    I was wondering if you had any luck disabling the door sensors so that the car can remain on after opening the doors?
    I was going to do this, but just a small amount of testing showed me that even if the car didn't stop when the door was opened, it would still stop when the brake was applied. Following this logic, I figured even if I disabled both of those, the car would still stop after 15 minutes because the car would still think it was in 'remote' mode.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast