Guide CX-5 Factory Remote Starter - Install and Program

One trick during registration is if it fails, open the drivers door to end the process and close the door and start registration from the start again.
Thanks for that info. This may be exclusive to the GS/GT models though. On my Touring I just started at step one when the registration process failed by pressing the registration button once, then press it again while the LCD display is shown, and hold it until it beeps and carrying on from there.

Anyone having trouble (which is pretty much everyone, including me) should try both of these methods to see which works best for them.

Just installed mine today, For Canadians, with GS or GT don't need hood switch and you can start inside the vehicle, Only underhood work is to remove the negative battery cable.

The registration took me about 30 tries. Holy Hell it is finicky. It matters how you hold the fobs to the start button. Also when you are ready to test the remote starter, Make sure there are no key fobs in the car and hood and all doors are shut.

One trick during registration is if it fails, open the drivers door to end the process and close the door and start registration from the start again.

I have 2014 CX-5 GS and do i need to this step as this pic shows to connect wires? can you tell me where did you buy it and did you pay duty and tax ?
w1_zps4936ebf3.jpg

Just installed mine today, For Canadians, with GS or GT don't need hood switch and you can start inside the vehicle, Only underhood work is to remove the negative battery cable.
As my original post states, if you have the factory alarm you do not need to install the hood switch. Do all GS/GT models have the factory alarm? I'm just trying to clarify so that I can modify the original information if needed.

Thanks
-Trey

I was able to complete the install. For me the programming part took the longest.

- I had to press the start button with the key fobs, not my finger, to get it going.
- I had to be within 4 seconds between fobs/press buttons to be able to finish programming.

Again, thanks very much to TreyP for help.

As my original post states, if you have the factory alarm you do not need to install the hood switch. Do all GS/GT models have the factory alarm? I'm just trying to clarify so that I can modify the original information if needed.

Thanks
-Trey

That's correct, GS and GT models in Canada have immobilizer, so no need for hood switch. As to the other fellow, I bought on Amazon the starter but bought the Install kit at dealer. Yes I paid tax and import fees. As it turns out It would have been same price at my dealer. Check your dealer First.!! No need to do the step with photo of wires, That is under hood.

That's correct, GS and GT models in Canada have immobilizer, so no need for hood switch. As to the other fellow, I bought on Amazon the starter but bought the Install kit at dealer. Yes I paid tax and import fees. As it turns out It would have been same price at my dealer. Check your dealer First.!! No need to do the step with photo of wires, That is under hood.

If I don't do it under the hood, How to connect the ECU and the wiring with my car ? I just bought it from ebay, it is on the road.

If I don't do it under the hood, How to connect the ECU and the wiring with my car ? I just bought it from ebay, it is on the road.

Follow the directions in the original Post. I am getting the feeling from your questions that maybe you should not attempt to install this yourself.

The instruction in the kit and the post here are pretty easy to follow. The programming however is frustrating.

Today, I received my remote starter and I installed it and did the programming within 30 mins. Thanks OP.

For ground wire, I found the easiest way as PIC shows since the front and the rear metal are connected. I also did not remove the negative battery cable.

QQ图片20131030205802.jpg

I was wondering if you had any luck disabling the door sensors so that the car can remain on after opening the doors?

I know this may sound kind of crazy, but I really do absolutely HATE that it does this. I even went as far to take it to a Viper and a Python install shop. Viper shop said there is nothing they can do and their system would do the same thing. The Python dealer tried to install their Smart Start system ( allowed me to lock, unlock, pop the trunk, and turn on the car as long as both me and my car have cell coverage.) He was able to get everything else to work except the remote start.... This is extremely frustrating for me. :(

I was wondering if you had any luck disabling the door sensors so that the car can remain on after opening the doors?
I was going to do this, but just a small amount of testing showed me that even if the car didn't stop when the door was opened, it would still stop when the brake was applied. Following this logic, I figured even if I disabled both of those, the car would still stop after 15 minutes because the car would still think it was in 'remote' mode.

Damn... I was hoping you could get in and then maybe just press the bush button start once or twice and you could drive away as normal..... ::sigh:: thanks for the reply

Damn... I was hoping you could get in and then maybe just press the bush button start once or twice and you could drive away as normal..... ::sigh:: thanks for the reply
Nope...I tried every combo I could think of, but no luck.

Just wondering how much did you paid for the install kit at the dealer?

Just installed my RS last night all working perfectly, thanks to TreyP, the installation went smooth and fast, only took me couple tries to program it. I did get the newer part# C930-V7-620A, nothing new compare to the older part#. Couple things I notice and it could have been better are:

- Press and hold the start button to start the car instead of F + Start to start the car, I think it would work much better to just need to press one button.
- The warm up time cannot be adjust other than 10 and 30 min. From the manual, they like you to conserve fuel and protect the environment and yet does not allow option to warm up the car to a more flexible time.

Last edited:
Ok, so after studying your directions and the provided directions, I only have one question about the installation......

Where exactly is the temperature sensor located?
Pic.JPG

Wow.. great detail, thanks for taking the time. I want to get one, however my wife is a looooong way from the car at work where she has to park. was hoping to find a smartstart or similar with smartphone activation. Any idea if it has any accessory inputs to be triggered by a 3rd party system ? thanks again

Ok, so after studying your directions and the provided directions, I only have one question about the installation......

Where exactly is the temperature sensor located?
View attachment 205258
The temp sensor plugs into the wiring bundle that connects the main remote starter unit to the car up above and behind the glove box.

This picture shows where it plugs into that wiring bundle.
y2_zpsc06cedf7.jpg

Hi,

Thanks for you help!

I installed as directed and programming was correct.

However, I get an error on the factory remote starter for "H" - saying the hood is opened, but it's definitely closed.

Anyone have this problem? Is it related to bad wiring on my part? Any suggestion to fix this would be great.

Latest posts

Back