Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Factory Remote Starter - Install and Program

Registered Member
    Donated: $20

2016 CX-5 AWD GT+iActive Soul Red

Its been 1.5 years and still I could not get my rem. start to work. I have re-programmed everything and replaced the hood switch assembly/re-wired but still nada - as soon as I attempt to start my car remotely the LCD displays "H". I really ANY assistance.
    In the printed instructions it says (step 11): "Insert the hood switch harness (Red) terminal to the empty terminal of the vehicle wiring harness 18 pin connector (terminal N)"
    However, in Trey's instructions - he clearly says: "Regardless of which fuse panel your car has, the white wire from the hood switch will go into this empty slot I am pointing at. It is behind the red wire in my car, but the red wire may be a different color on yours. Again, refer to the factory instructions here to be sure."

I have a feeling this is where perhaps I am going wrong. In step 11 - irrespective of the color of the hood switch wire - i.e. red or white it MUST go into the EMPTY socket, correct? I have a feeling that I have NOT put it into the correct EMPTY socket. I have the factory instruction printed in front of me and it says to put in in column #2, row #2 - ("N" indicated) starting from left - column 1 and top - row 1

Difficult to draw - but will try - "Y" indicates where I need to insert it.

X XXXX X
    X YX XX X
    X XX XX X
    Last edited by bmninada; 12-30-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD, Liquid Silver

Quote Originally Posted by bmninada View Post
    Its been 1.5 years and still I could not get my rem. start to work. I have re-programmed everything and replaced the hood switch assembly/re-wired but still nada - as soon as I attempt to start my car remotely the LCD displays "H". I really ANY assistance.
    In the printed instructions it says (step 11): "Insert the hood switch harness (Red) terminal to the empty terminal of the vehicle wiring harness 18 pin connector (terminal N)"
    However, in Trey's instructions - he clearly says: "Regardless of which fuse panel your car has, the white wire from the hood switch will go into this empty slot I am pointing at. It is behind the red wire in my car, but the red wire may be a different color on yours. Again, refer to the factory instructions here to be sure."

I have a feeling this is where perhaps I am going wrong. In step 11 - irrespective of the color of the hood switch wire - i.e. red or white it MUST go into the EMPTY socket, correct? I have a feeling that I have NOT put it into the correct EMPTY socket. I have the factory instruction printed in front of me and it says to put in in column #2, row #2 - ("N" indicated) starting from left - column 1 and top - row 1

Difficult to draw - but will try - "Y" indicates where I need to insert it.

X XXXX X
    X YX XX X
    X XX XX X
    This picture shows the white wire in the proper socket. Hope that helps.

w5.JPG

Registered Member
    Donated: $20

2016 CX-5 AWD GT+iActive Soul Red

Quote Originally Posted by TreyP View Post
    This picture shows the white wire in the proper socket. Hope that helps.

w5.JPG
    Finally - its working!! Thank you.

Registered Member

2016 Mazda 3

Its already 2018, for those which has missing connector to Start stop module, have you found a solution? please share

Registered Member

Mazda, CX-5, Grand Touring 2015

I just bought a 2015 cx-5 from the local dealer and see from the window sticker it has remote start but no key fob. I verified the unit is behind the glovebox. It would be nice to have it working but not for the $300+ a new remote costs. The old owner left their home address and name in the GPS but since they didn't included the roller cargo cover or the carpet mats or all weather maps or the owners manual the car was purchased with they probably sold the items and the remote on ebay. Does anyone have a source for a cheap replacement remote. I assume any remote will be able able to be programmed to the remote start module.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by TAC61 View Post
    I just bought a 2015 cx-5 from the local dealer and see from the window sticker it has remote start but no key fob. ...
    Are you saying the dealer advertised the vehicle having Remote Start? Or, did they clearly state that the module was present, but no way to use it? If it was the former, go back and demand they remedy the issue. If the latter, figure out the manufacturer and contact them.

Registered Member

Mazda, CX-5, Grand Touring 2015

It was used, the dealer didn't say anything about the remote start but the window sticker when it was new was in the glovebox and it listed the remote start as installed when new from mazda.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 Touring

Good morning everyone! New to the group and wanted to jump into this thread for a question.

2014 CX-5, yesterday I installed everything for the factory remote start. Went through the process of registering the fobs....and this is where the problems started.

Got the first fob to take, showed A1 on the screen. Moved on to the second and for the life of me, I cannot get it to take.

I read 2 different methods of getting these to work - 1) both in the car 2) need to only have one at a time in the car.

Do you just need ninja quickness to get the second to take? Will it show A2 on the screen if successful?

Thanks!

Registered Member

Dear TreyP do you know if I can register the remote control with a single vehicle key, what happens that I missed. I'm trying several times and I can't install. Can someone help me ..... Thanks in advance ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789