Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Factory Remote Starter - Install and Program

Registered Member
    Donated: $20

2016 CX-5 AWD GT+iActive Soul Red

Its been 1.5 years and still I could not get my rem. start to work. I have re-programmed everything and replaced the hood switch assembly/re-wired but still nada - as soon as I attempt to start my car remotely the LCD displays "H". I really ANY assistance.
    In the printed instructions it says (step 11): "Insert the hood switch harness (Red) terminal to the empty terminal of the vehicle wiring harness 18 pin connector (terminal N)"
    However, in Trey's instructions - he clearly says: "Regardless of which fuse panel your car has, the white wire from the hood switch will go into this empty slot I am pointing at. It is behind the red wire in my car, but the red wire may be a different color on yours. Again, refer to the factory instructions here to be sure."

I have a feeling this is where perhaps I am going wrong. In step 11 - irrespective of the color of the hood switch wire - i.e. red or white it MUST go into the EMPTY socket, correct? I have a feeling that I have NOT put it into the correct EMPTY socket. I have the factory instruction printed in front of me and it says to put in in column #2, row #2 - ("N" indicated) starting from left - column 1 and top - row 1

Difficult to draw - but will try - "Y" indicates where I need to insert it.

X XXXX X
    X YX XX X
    X XX XX X
    Last edited by bmninada; 12-30-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD, Liquid Silver

Quote Originally Posted by bmninada View Post
    Its been 1.5 years and still I could not get my rem. start to work. I have re-programmed everything and replaced the hood switch assembly/re-wired but still nada - as soon as I attempt to start my car remotely the LCD displays "H". I really ANY assistance.
    In the printed instructions it says (step 11): "Insert the hood switch harness (Red) terminal to the empty terminal of the vehicle wiring harness 18 pin connector (terminal N)"
    However, in Trey's instructions - he clearly says: "Regardless of which fuse panel your car has, the white wire from the hood switch will go into this empty slot I am pointing at. It is behind the red wire in my car, but the red wire may be a different color on yours. Again, refer to the factory instructions here to be sure."

I have a feeling this is where perhaps I am going wrong. In step 11 - irrespective of the color of the hood switch wire - i.e. red or white it MUST go into the EMPTY socket, correct? I have a feeling that I have NOT put it into the correct EMPTY socket. I have the factory instruction printed in front of me and it says to put in in column #2, row #2 - ("N" indicated) starting from left - column 1 and top - row 1

Difficult to draw - but will try - "Y" indicates where I need to insert it.

X XXXX X
    X YX XX X
    X XX XX X
    This picture shows the white wire in the proper socket. Hope that helps.

w5.JPG

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789