Potentially a new P5 owner, been driving one for 2 years.

jeero

:
2002 P5
Hey all.

I want to get the first post out of the way.
My fiance has had an 02 P5 since I met her and I have been its secondary driver for over 2 years now. We've taken it on multiple roads trips and had many adventures. It's a fun little car and I grew to like it a lot! Coming from a background of high-horsepower machines and 4x4's, that says a lot.

Right now I don't own a car, I ride a sport bike. I've grown bored of the 600cc class and I know that upgrading to a 1000 will simply get me into trouble. That and also it's that time in my life where I need to make little offsprings.
I've come across a (hopefully) fantastic deal on a silver 02 P5 where the owner wants to trade his car + cash for my bike. If everything goes through ok, I should have it next week. Silver is my least favorite color of the P5's but that can easily be taken care of in the spring. Considering I live in Canada and the salt loves to chew away at the Protege era real good, this one is in great shape and apparently has a motor from a Japanese version of the P5. I've taken it for a test drive and it drives really well. I can attack the early stages of rust right away before it gets out of hand (you should see some of the Proteges around here, yikes).

This will be my first front-wheel drive car. I don't even own it yet and I know I will enjoy it because I've logged a ton of miles on my fiance's already. I know power isn't what P5's are known for but I have a bunch of twisty-ish roads around me where the car can show its fun side.

I'm not new to forums in general. I know how to search. I see a lot of How-To's on here and I will definitely be reading a fair bit of the ones I am interested in.
All in all I am just trying to say hi in a very lengthy way and I hope to contribute socially and/or technically to this community.

Cheers!
jeero

Congrates, i hope everything goes good for you. And trust me the p5 is a good little car. Plenty of mods. And welcome to mazdas24.com

Back