2008 CX-9 Low Beam Problems

crabtree5

:
2008 Mazda CX-9
Just replaced my headlights in 2008 CX9. Both low beams would not work, but high beams would. After changing, still the same issue. Both low beam fuses are good. Switch out the relay also, but still no low beams. Any ideas?

got the old bulbs still? do they work?

whoops scratch that, reread the initial post and realized what you were asking. gotta ponder this for a bit.

Dimmer switch gives voltage to relay, relay gives 12V across fuse, nothing at the back of the socket. Anything between fuse and socket I'm missing?

Check that the wires are still seated well in the socket. Especially if they've been moved a couple of times when the bulb is replaced, the solder points may have broken off or if it's held in by tension, a wire can pull out.

Any resolution to this problem?

Just replaced my headlights in 2008 CX9. Both low beams would not work, but high beams would. After changing, still the same issue. Both low beam fuses are good. Switch out the relay also, but still no low beams. Any ideas?
I have the exact same issue with my 09 CX9

Just to clarify, are your low beams halogen or xenon i.e. is your CX-9 a Grand Touring, or Touring or Sport? That might narrow the troubleshooting.

Back