Protege5 engine fs-de or fs-ze

Rushmore9

:
Protege5
I was thinking of getting one from ebay or jdmenginedepot or another place like that, but if you have one to sell i have to replace my entire motor.

Thanks for looking!

Ok, so i just bought this guy from a seller on fleabay:

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I really dont know too much about this engine, but i thought jdm FS motors had black plastic valve covers on them?

Also, i guess i will also need the MP3 ecu now, yes? Ill search for it before i start a new post...

From the photo that looks like a stock 626 motor not a FS-ZE, the valve cover, wire, coil pack and intake manifold are parts that I have on my car now. All those parts are from the a Mazda 626 and the motor is not a FS-ZE motor

Tbh, im kind if relieved if it is a fsde motor. Just found out since i have AT that the mp3 chip wont work.

Im just trying to get my daily driver back on the road. Is this not what i want/need? Not too concerned about making the fastest car just a running one.

Just put in the longblock and call it a day then. You don't need a different computer unless yours is fried. You'll probably reuse your intake off your stock motor along with a few other pieces. Change the timing belt and water pump before you put it in.

Just put in the longblock and call it a day then. You don't need a different computer unless yours is fried. You'll probably reuse your intake off your stock motor along with a few other pieces. Change the timing belt and water pump before you put it in.

thank you!

when i get it put in I'll update with results...

An update...

I got the engine installed. It turns out (my mechanic says) that the engine is a 1.8L. It still runs better than her last engine. The cat converter is clogged as hell. Put a picture up later, but he says possibly a combination of that and low oil pressure led to premature death for the old guy. The car does still sputter at stoplights, which makes it seem like my next project has been planned out for me there.

Back