2014 Mazda Wind Noise Driver's Side

jhpark213

Hello, I'm new to this forum and also new to mazda.
I am looking forward to get the 2014 Mazda 6.
But, the only thing that is holding me back from buying this car is the WIND NOISE.
I test drove 2 different mazda6's, the wind noise from the driver's side window was very disturbing. (both car had about the same noise level)
It seemed that the wind was coming through the driver's window near the a-pillar area. (not quite sure, maybe the whole window?)
Also, my wife who sat next to me while on the test drive also mentioned the wind noise from the passenger side as well.
It sounded as if the window was slightly open.
So I am assuming this wind noise is fairly common in all 2014 mazda 6's.

I did some research and some people suggested that it was a weatherstrip issue, and some said that it did not bother them as much.
I understand this is subjective, but it is really disappointing for a modern mid-size car to have this issue.

I really like this car, and I think this is the best mid-size sedan in its price range.
But the wind noise is really getting in the way.

Is there a DIY or TSB related to this issue?
I would definitely buy this car if there was an easy (or moderate) fix for this wind noise.
What I'm afraid is that this wind noise is a design flaw in the vehicle itself, and cannot be remedied by anything.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure this is a common issue. I have seen a number of posts complaining about it, but thank goodness my car is very quiet at any speed with the exception of the Yokohoma Advans.

Back