Reverse lights stuck on

pbarton14

:
2003.5 MSP
So I had a transmission shop rebuild my tranny in my Msp, and somehow the reverse light were stuck on when I got it back, so I tool it back, a week later they replace the reverse sensor on the transmission. The new sensor from mazda didn't fix anything. The reverse light are on regardless of the gear. Anybody have an idea?

They probably pinched the harness somewhere or didn't use the washer that goes on the sensor.

It is also possible they replaced the Neutral safety switch instead of the reverse switch and just don't know the difference, they look very similar.

Just got it back today and the guy said he had to adjust reverse? I didn't know you could do that and he also said before it was hitting the sensor in the wrong place

Thank you!

It is also possible they replaced the Neutral safety switch instead of the reverse switch and just don't know the difference, they look very similar.

I just finished a ZE swap in an '01 MP3 with the reverse lights stuck on, making this very mistake.
I thought it was the switch down by axle on the passenger side, but instead it is the one in the front, below the fill plug.

Thank you for the post that steered me in the right direction.

Latest posts

Back