Customizing USB menu?

Littup

:
Mazda 6 Sport
Hi all

I just got the Mazda 6 last week and I've been playing around with the touch screen display and one thing I noticed was that when I plug in a USB to the car to listen to music through it, I don't have the option to search for specific artists or songs by typing it in. It's a big pain to try and scroll through everything.

Has anyone figured out a way to customize that menu?

Bottom left of the screen - USB Menu - and you will find all you want

I've gone to the USB menu but it doesn't let me customize it in any way. I just want to see if there's a better way to search through my music when I'm using a USB. I think right now it's fairly inefficient when I have to click the down arrow which has a lag time of roughly 1-2 seconds.

Worst part of USB music feature? The damn thing can't remember the last song you listened to! Really no excuse for that, Mazda...
In general, IMO this infotainment system needs a lot of tweaking to be more user-friendly.

while we are on the USB. I have an older creative zen micro mp3 player I have tried but when plugged in it does not register at all on the screen. My ipod works fine. any ideas? or is it just too old, also is there any way to plug in to the usb say a portable drive with mp3s on it and get it to play?? Only had the car two weeks.. But LOVE it.

Worst part of USB music feature? The damn thing can't remember the last song you listened to! Really no excuse for that, Mazda...
In general, IMO this infotainment system needs a lot of tweaking to be more user-friendly.

Agreed!

Love the car. Very disappointed in the infotainment interface. I hope to see an update. I want the USB input to function properly. It sucks to shut your car off for something as simple as a fuel stop and have your music selection revert to song one... every time!

Back