CX-5 Engine exhaust pressure sensor replacement

Jimbolian

:
Mazda CX5 SE-L 2.2 AWD Nav
I've just had the exhaust pressure sensor replaced on my 2.2D AWD 150bhp CX5.
It started when the engine inspection light came on. The SCBS (smart city brake support) inspection light & TPMS (tyre pressure monitoring system) inspection came on as well.
After speaking to mazda uk head office they say there has been a recall on this although I think its maybe a fix each one as they happen rather than a full scale recall letter to every owner.
The car feels smoother & more responsive since the replacement. The car has done around 6500 miles.
Anyone else had similar issues?

Yes, if you search uk, German and Australian forums, there are probably a few thousand that have done the same.

It started when the engine inspection light came on. The SCBS (smart city brake support) inspection light & TPMS (tyre pressure monitoring system) inspection came on as well.
After speaking to mazda uk head office they say there has been a recall on this although I think its maybe a fix each one as they happen rather than a full scale recall letter to every owner.
The car feels smoother & more responsive since the replacement. The car has done around 6500 miles.

I believe that faulty sensors contribute to the oil level rise problem, causing more frequent regens. You would also most likely have had an ecu software upgrade and a version 'c' dipstick too. I had mine done when the oil level had risen to the X on the old dipstick after 3500 miles. the new dipstick is also easier to read than the old one although still now foolproof.

I got a letter about it, but that was a few weeks after I'd had it changed when it was flagged up as a recall when I took the car in for its second service!

I had a letter from mazda yesterday for a the sensor inspection/replacement and booked my car in friday for the work. They may have prioritized awd and auto model first due to bigger impact the fault could have with those models. Apart from istop not working and engine warning lights it mentions 'rough transmission changes, or something similar. (I left the letter in work!)

Got our recall letter yesterday too,(Special Service Campaign) its a 30 minute while you wait job as D of J says but also to address "excessive shift-shock on vehicles fitted with automatic transmission" ours is awd so maybe recalled auto first or on vehicle age -January'13 reg.

Got our recall letter yesterday too,(Special Service Campaign) its a 30 minute while you wait job as D of J says but also to address "excessive shift-shock on vehicles fitted with automatic transmission" ours is awd so maybe recalled auto first or on vehicle age -January'13 reg.
I got the same recall letter yesterday for my March 13 reg. 2wd. auto. car. Spoke to the dealer today and asked was there any connection with the rising oil level problem (mine is half way to the X mark on the dipstick at 6,700 miles).
He said no, but checked his screen and said that when he fixes the latest recall tomorrow he will also change the dipstick to a "C" type and update? the ECU (I think I've got the last bit right) but will not change the oil.

I got the same recall letter yesterday for my March 13 reg. 2wd. auto. car. Spoke to the dealer today and asked was there any connection with the rising oil level problem (mine is half way to the X mark on the dipstick at 6,700 miles).
He said no, but checked his screen and said that when he fixes the latest recall tomorrow he will also change the dipstick to a "C" type and update? the ECU (I think I've got the last bit right) but will not change the oil.

IF the exhaust pressure sensor is placed after the dpf in the exhaust system then coupled with a sensor before the dpf would give an indication of how blocked the dpf is. so IF the sensor is faulty it could mislead the ECU into triggering longer or more frequent re-gens and that could increase the chance or rising oil/diesel levels on dipstick readings. There are a lot of IF and BUTS there.

IF the exhaust pressure sensor is placed after the dpf in the exhaust system then coupled with a sensor before the dpf would give an indication of how blocked the dpf is. so IF the sensor is faulty it could mislead the ECU into triggering longer or more frequent re-gens and that could increase the chance or rising oil/diesel levels on dipstick readings. There are a lot of IF and BUTS there.

Thanks dad of jon. As you say there are a lot of "ifs and buts" but I now have a much better understanding of it.

Bit of a long shot. But I have had the exact symptoms on my Mazda cx5. The mechanic has confirm that the exhaust pressure sensor is shagged however they never mentioned anything about a recall. They want to charge $400 for the new sensor! Does anyone still have the recall reference number handy? I can't find anything official online

It is indeed mr first time poster on a four year old thread that starts with one problem and finishes with another. Good luck.

Back