2014 Mazda3 Hatchback USA Configurator Goes Live

coolmazda5

Contributor
:
2008 Mazda5 5MT Sport w/ Popular Package
2014-mazda-3-front-driving-796x528.jpg

The Mazda 3 hatchback has long been one of our favorite compact cars. Although not a mega-volume player like the Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic, the Mazda 3 has always kept enthusiasts in mind with its responsive handling and robust powertrains. We especially like the styling and packaging of the five-door models, and we think the 2014 model is one of the best examples of Mazdas compact hatch yet. Now that Mazda has flipped the switch on its configurator for the model, we have a better idea of how much lighter our wallets will be when we drive off the lot.

The most basic 2014 Mazda 3 five-door, the Mazda 3 i Sport five-door, rolls off the lot at $19,740, with the 2.0-liter Skyactiv I-4 and a six-speed manual transmission. Even the entry-level model comes well-equipped with push-button start, Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming, power windows and two-stage power remote door locks, and of course, air conditioning.

If you really want to go bananas with the options, its not hard to take the new 3 hatch to above $30,000. Enthusiastically clicking on all the available options, we rang up a grand total of $30,590 for an s Grand Touring with metallic paint, technology package, interior lighting package and remote start, including $795 destination charge. While thats not an insubstantial amount for a compact hatch, based on our experience with late-model Mazdas, we dont think its a ridiculous amount for what we think is one of the best compact cars available.

Mazda USA Configurator

[MotorTrend]

So, no stick shift for the S models with the 2.5L SKYACTIV-G (184hp), only the 2.0L gets 6MT (155hp). OK, I'm waiting for the MazdaSPEED3 anyway...

The 2.5 will be getting the manual transmission soon! I haven't heard of an official date, but my guess is a few extra months.

Manual Transmission for the 2.5

I was at a Mazda dealership the other day and asked about the manual for the 2.5 Skyactive --and I was told it would be November/December. (spin)

The 2.5 will be getting the manual transmission soon! I haven't heard of an official date, but my guess is a few extra months.

Paddle shifters on the Skyactiv auto make it very tempting to go for the automatic.

I love quick shifting and rev-matching that our CX-5 auto has, and have always wanted two more things, and that is a SPORT/ECONO mode, and paddle shifters... The new 2014 Mazda3 has both...

Almost $30,000 for the 3s grand touring with destination fee and no manual transmission? The Mazdaspeed 3 better come soon, with a manual trans and less than $27k price tag.

Almost $30,000 for the 3s grand touring with destination fee and no manual transmission? The Mazdaspeed 3 better come soon, with a manual trans and less than $27k price tag.

The 3 s Grand Touring is under $27,500 unless you add on the Technology Package, then you're getting near $30k.

Pretty excited about the new Mazda3. I currently have a Speed3 '07, now with a family, I might "tone down" to a regular 3.

I noticed in mazdausa website the specs towards the end that there is an option for an "Appearance Package (Front Air Dam, Rear Skirt, Door Mirror Caps, Side Sill Extensions, Rear Liftgate Spoiler)" and also a "Rear Aero Flares/Bumper Skirt"

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/musa2/pdf/specs/specs_M3H.pdf

I tried looking everywhere on the web and forums and couldn't find any photos of how that would make this 3 look. Does anyone know anything about these two options? I'm sure the optioning is different in different regions so maybe its standard on other regions.

Back